Managing Sales Director
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Managing Director
Reports to: Regional Managing Director
Status: Salaried, Exempt
Supervises: Staff management in sales, operations, quality, procurement, and human resources.
General Summary of the Position:
The managing director leads and manages sales, customer experience, customer service, business development, marketing, and associated revenue generating activities of the business organization. The managing director aids partners in formulating and administering organization policies by performing duties personally or through subordinate managers. The managing director is responsible for creating a profitable contribution by managing staff while establishing and accomplishing business objectives.
• Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching,
counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning
accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing
a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities. Works to
establish positive employee relations across business units to maximize everyone’s
contribution to support the client experience.
• Participates in formulating and administering company policies, directing, and coordinating all
department activities to develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet business
and profitability growth objectives. Implements plans and processes to maintain productivity and
• Responsible for B2B sales to new and established accounts. Supports and manages corporate
account relationships. Ensures effective relationship management throughout the entire customer
• Develops and implements business strategic direction while managing client commitments.
• Manages sales funnel and pipeline activities to meet assigned quotas. Works to establish and
achieve sales forecasting while positioning the company for future success.
• Directs sales activity and associated accountability to drive sales realization. Builds company image
by collaborating with clients, accounts, community organizations, vendors and employees.
• Responsible for customer operations management to ensure safe, responsible and high quality
• Manage client expectations and client satisfaction with effective project planning and clear
communication to operations team for quality implementation. Interfaces with operations to
ensure delivery of sales activity.
• Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to establish and determine
progress toward stated goals and objectives resulting in a profitable contribution.
• Confers with leadership and other management to review achievements and discuss required
changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
• Develops, reviews, updates and implements business strategic plan with needs assessment by
studying financial opportunities; incorporating sales, financial performance and
new business development.
• Oversees key projects maintaining quality service and client experience by establishing and
enforcing organization and association standards while tracking processes and performance reports,
data and analysis.
• Identifies business trends to direct business focus. Identifies and leads strategic planning to
establish the direction for new or existing service offerings or improvement to support customer
requirements and market growth.
• Reviews and approves preparation of accounting analysis for budgetary planning and
implementation, production efficiency, financial reporting, budgetary planning and submittal for
market capital expenditures.
• Builds company image by collaborating with customers, accounts, community organizations,
vendors and employees while enforcing organization standards.
• Master’s degree or equivalent; or five to 10 years related experience or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
• Prior sales, finance and services management experience.
• Experience working with 55+ population
• Business Acumen
• Performance Management
• Communication Proficiency
AddressVirginia Beach, VA
BusinessView all jobs at Company