This critical position is responsible for driving the Company's services through daily communication with assigned areas. Under the general direction of the Operations Manager/CEO, the primary responsibilities of the Supervisor are to professionally and courteously greet, direct and assist clients and manage cleaning specialist or perform cleaning tasks at their assigned accounts; Perform cleaning tasks including but not limited to; trash removal; dusting; cleaning and re-stocking supplies in restrooms, break rooms, coffee centers; sweeping and mopping floors; vacuuming; window washing; replacing light bulbs; other project work/special services duties assigned.
Primary Responsibilities and Key Deliverable:
Total knowledge of general facility cleaning.
Knowledge of project work/special services. Carpet cleaning; stripping and waxing; buffing and burnishing; scrubbing and re-coating; carpet spotting and window washing.
Demonstrated skill and proficiency with cleaning equipment.
Demonstrated skill and proficiency with consumable supplies.
Total knowledge of identifying surfaces and make recommendations for proper cleaning procedures.
Excellent conceptual thinking skills and the ability to identify and analyze complex and sensitive issues, problems and conflicts and to use independent judgment to make decisions, and to recommend and/or implement solutions.
Customer services principles and practices.
Ability to listen and communicate clearly, fluently and diplomatically orally and in writing in the English language; and maintain excellent interpersonal and cooperative relationships with management, staff and clients.
Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and accurately follow through on work activities with time constraints and interruptions to meet deadlines as well as to work independently with a minimum amount of direction and/or supervision.
Ability to remain flexible, resilient, calm, maintain a sense of humor and to regularly present a well-groomed, professional image.
Ability to exhibit desirable and appropriate behavior including integrity, industriousness, sense of urgency and confidentiality and independent judgment to provide for a cohesive working environment dedicated to achieving the organization’s goals.
Ability to work effectively and respectfully with staff, managers, executives and others with a variety of working styles to achieve accountability and results using authority and influence sensitively to garner cooperation and maintain service excellence.
Ability to work daily and effectively to balance stress of multiple projects, conflicting priorities, substantial workload, environmental ambiguity and changing plans through self-management and productive communication with the supervisor and management team.
Ability to generate goodwill for the organization and its management among staff, clients, suppliers, referral sources, regulatory bodies, the general community and others pertinent to the business; demonstrate a strong commitment to client service and service excellence.
Ability to meet the physical and cognitive requirements of the essential job functions.
· Attend project status meetings with Operations Manager and Management as needed.
· Fully comply with all company Health and Safety requirements, including reporting all accidents, near accidents, and hazards.
· Other duties as directed.
Required Skills and Competencies:
· Ability to learn, apply and interpret knowledge of policies, procedures, practices, business theories and systems.
· Responsible for specified locations and employees working in those locations.
· Perform building walk-through and quality control inspections.
· Train employees; assist management with organizing work schedule and assigning tasks.
Minimum Education and Experience:
2 years prior experience in the same capacity preferred but not required
Solid self-organizational skills.
Detailed and ability/desire to follow detailed instructions.
Self-starter possessing drive to achieve results.
Willingness to work extensive, long-hours and to be on-call during off hours.
Ability to meet frequent and short deadlines.
Ability to multi-task effectively without error.
Ability to work in individualized and team atmosphere.
Ability to deal with ever changing environment.
Open to new ideas and processes.
· Drive excellent self-risk performance requirements to promote a safe work environment.
· Comply with Ambassador’s Risk Management, Quality Assurance and HSE management systems.
· Self-awareness to surrounding office safety hazards and use smart decisions to avoid incident or injury.
· Acts as a role model for a positive business and HSE culture in the workplace, encouraging people, managers, and co-workers within the business units to do the same.
Key working relationships:
The incumbent holds key working relationships with the:
· Operations Manager
· Managing Director
· First/Mid-Level Officials and Managers