IT Portfolio Management Consultant (GIS/Government)
- $60 to $80 Hourly
Synch-Solutions is looking for a Portfolio Manager who will work directly with our clients for rationalization assessments for its entire portfolio. Specifically, the Project Manager will be responsible for strategically defining and implementing IT Project Governance policies and processes to decide on IT-related GIS ESRI projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 + years of IT Governance/Portfolio Management experience
- 3+ years of experience in GIS ESRI enterprise analysis
- 2 + years of experience in project coordination, management and/or project delivery accountability
- PMP Certification or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Help define and implement portfolio management (IT Project Governance) policies and processes to support fact-based decisions on investments into Information Technology projects
- Continuously improve the IT governance and planning capability for the client by integrating optimal ways of planning and organizing, acquiring and implementing, delivering and supporting, and monitoring IT (solutions) performance
- Build trusted and effective relationships working with project managers to ensure they deliver on-time, on-budget, on benefit and on-quality (and intervening to resolve issues as required)
- Participate in discussions and activities regarding IT project funding, resourcing and prioritization while advocating for the business as it relates to programs and projects
- Facilitate request intake and ideation process
- Navigate processes for funding and execution of IT programs and projects Perform portfolio balancing activities
- Move program and projects through portfolio planning and execution
- Understand, evaluate and manage risks to the portfolio
- Apply knowledge of Project and Program Management to solve problems in unique and non-repetitive scenarios
- Assist customers in defining business requirements
- Chair the organization's Governance Review Board (GRB) to enforce structure that links IT processes, and IT resources to the organization strategies and objectives
- Serve as a counselor to and catalyst for department managers in identifying areas for technology improvement and/or technology use improvement
- Work with team to meet division goals
- Be part of an enthusiastic team that depends on measures to define success. Learn and grow
- Develop your professional skills and your career through department-wide and individual training
Company Not DisclosedHouston, TX
Get fresh IT Portfolio Management Consultant (GIS/Government) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.