Data Governance Consultant
- $70 to $90 Hourly
Synch-Solutions is looking for a Data Governance Consultant to participate in developing a strategic plan in regard to data governance to one of our clients. This person will be responsible for developing and defining Data Governance and Management strategies across the organization and its clients.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience
- Between 6 to 8 years of experience in Data Management, Data Governance, and Data Quality
- Experience with all facets of data management including data architecture and modeling, data quality, data warehousing, business intelligence, and metadata management
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify quantify and effectively raise business risks associated with data quality
- Experience working in the Electric and Gas Utilities or Transportation Industry is a plus but not required
- Responsible for defining and implementing enterprise data management strategies, vision, and management processes to effectively govern enterprise data including the management of enterprise data governance, operating model, data policies and standards as well as the implementation of clearly defined data management definitions for use across the organization.
- Roll out an enterprise-wide data governance framework, with a focus on the improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools, and data architecture
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability. In addition, he/she will have a key role in guiding and influencing various stakeholders across the organization to achieve the goals defined in the enterprise data governance and enterprise data management strategies.
- Have oversight and ensuring that standardized data governance "tools " including data requirements documents, data lineage workflows, metadata forms, data models, etc. are used across the organization by all relevant stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities and processes to ensure data meets the following characteristics, including but not limited to accuracy, validity, reliability, timeliness, relevance, and completeness
- Create, manage and facilitate a Data Policy Governance process to identify and understand the critical data issues in terms of business impact/risk/opportunity and ensure data policy enforcement and compliance
- Develop and deliver status updates on data quality across the organization by creating and updating an Enterprise Data Management dashboard
- Develop and drive strategy regarding data quality and functional system administration and establish and maintain a partnership with the different key stakeholders
- Set formal standards, policies, and processes regarding data quality management
- Develop enterprise-wide remediation plans: Monitor and track data quality issues, identify gaps, build action plans to remediate gaps, manage budget and resources, execute and monitor plans
- This position will maintain data-related standards, policies, and procedures to minimize risk derived from bad data
Company Not DisclosedHouston, TX
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.