• Create, edit, or remove distribution/security groups and Windows Share/NTFS Permissions, Group Policies using Active Directory
• Troubleshoot issues with DNS/DHCP
• Setup mobile devices according to company policy
• Setup Office 365 accounts, must be able to create account itself to Exchange alias’s, Full Access/Send-as Rights, SharePoint, and work with DirSync and Active Directory Integration
• Troubleshoot advanced issues with on several Windows operating systems/platforms, 7, 8, 10, Server 2012 R2 and Server 2016;
• Install, Configure, and Manage Symantec Cloud Antivirus, as well as Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) and Sophos
• Diagnose issues with tablets (iPads), Mac OSX machines and Surfaces’
• Identify and resolve issues on several different platforms, including but limited to Linux Ubuntu, Windows, Office suite for both Windows and Mac
• Be able to troubleshoot networking (Layers 1-3)
• Maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
• Promote a positive atmosphere in surrounding team members
• Take the lead on any escalations given by the Desktop Team
• Familiar with project processes and able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic setting
• Incumbent must have reliable transportation to travel between client sites and the main office, on a frequent basis, and at a moment’s notice.
• Travel to and from client sites on a very regular basis, sometimes daily, to service on-site needs.
• A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a Systems Engineering or Administration role:
o Troubleshooting servers, networks, virtualization (VMware), data and cloud storage, VPN, Firewalls (SonicWall experience a plus), wireless (WAP) technologies, cloud-based platforms (Azure and AWS), data backups (Veeam a plus), SANs, SAS, and iSCSI experience also a plus.
o Windows Desktop applications; various operating systems such as Windows, Server, and Linux OS Suite knowledge.
• Experienced applicants with focused experience in Microsoft environments of 500-1500 end-users and/or MSP experience a plus
• Broad experience in Active Directory technologies
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Self-motivated and goal-driven, with the ability to multitask and to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of software applications and basic hardware for the PC
• Principles and terminology of networking on the Layer 1-3 side
• Knowledge of SQL technologies
• Knowledge and demonstrated expertise with the management and support of Microsoft Active Directory Domains.
• Knowledge and demonstrated expertise with the management and support of Microsoft Office, Office 365, and common productivity applications.
• Knowledge of wireless networking components and terminology; Familiarity with Cisco Systems, Sonicwall, or Xirrus Wireless Networks are a plus
• Awareness of commonly used Microsoft products and services
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, status actions items, respond to changing priorities, and react to short deadlines.
• Creating and maintaining user self-help documentation, technical documentation and procedural documentation.
• Knowledge of Anti-Virus applications such as Symantec