We are seeking a Production Supervisor to join our team! You will oversee the activities of a team of production workers.
- Set production timing objectives and communicate them to employees
- Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules
- Oversee and coach employees
- Ensure the safe use of equipment (and schedule regular maintenance)
- Check production output according to specifications
- Submit reports on performance and progress
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements
- Train new employees on how to safely use machinery and follow procedures
- Enforce strict safety guidelines and company standards
- Assist other Departments are necessary
- Experience: 5 - 10 years experience in production planning and inventory management.
- Skills/Knowledge/Abilities: Must have significant, relevant experience related to production planning and inventory management in a discrete industrial manufacturing environment. Experience in both make to stock and make to order businesses is preferred.
- Proven track record of delivering results against stretch objectives is required.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills, demonstrated ability to make timely and effective decision, handle multiple priorities, and effectively delegate responsibilities to ensure all objectives are met.
- Must have strong analytical skills and be able to synthesize data and make recommendations.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail and manufacturing software.
- Ability to use internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively.
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a team based environment.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.