Master Planner Scheduler
- $80,000 to $110,000 Yearly
This role is focused on managing shop floor schedules and coordinating the efficient production of component parts, assemblies, and capital equipment to satisfy customer demand.
The effective candidate will be able to create production scheduling plans to provide appropriate delivery dates for customer orders based on established lead times. They will analyze reports on actual customer demand, trends, and forecasts, and adjust capacity plans accordingly to ensure projects are completed on time, ensuring customer satisfaction.
· Translate projected forecasts, incoming order volume, and work scopes into a production plan with a time-phased build schedule.
· Work with customer service, planning/procurement, and manufacturing to determine weekly inbound order load and develop resource work and job queues to meet customer needs.
· Establish key performance indicators of production efficiency and OTD performance by resource center and product segment.
· Establish reporting to determine labor and productivity performance statistics.
· Schedule demand based on the product mix and provide accurate commitment dates to customer service team across multiple product lines.
· Assemble master schedule reporting regarding performance to the business plan, the shipment plan, the inventory plan, and the production plan.
· Provide input to finance on status and visibility into delivering quarterly targets from operations.
· Calculate production lead times and update MRP with accurate data.
· Manage load leveling and bottleneck scheduling and utilize theory of constraints (TOC) for more accurate scheduling.
· Coordinate information with other functional staff, including customer service, engineering, accounting, and liaison with shop foreman to ensure resources are available to meet commitments.
· Determine available capacity before planned orders are released.
· Measure the utilization and efficiency of workstations. Ensure reported labor accuracy on workorders and investigate variances.
· Strategic thinker, strong analytical skills, able to synthesize considerable and complex data.
· Be capable of utilizing spreadsheet and ERP-type software in managing the planning process. Oracle / Epicor experience a plus.
· 3+ years’ experience in scheduling position with extensive demonstrated success of implementing & operationalizing master schedules.
· Accredited 4-year college degree Manufacturing/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or comparable experience in an ETO (Engineer to Order) environment.
Solid, proven organizational, project management and leadership skills
· Change Agent – skill with enabling change, strong influencing abilities particularly without direct reports in frontline teams.
· Exceptional interpersonal/written communication skills; can effectively interact with all levels of management.
· Strong PC skills (Excel, PP, Word, Access, Minitab)
· Team player able to work well across business operations and develop strong business teams.
· Demonstrated ability to influence teams and programs regarding quality, productivity and/or customer service.
· Ability to work on multiple projects with limited direction.
· APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) or APICS Certified Supply chain Professional (CSCP) a plus.
· Lean or Green Belt Six Sigma certification
Company ConfidentialAuburn, MA
ManufacturingView All Company Confidential Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.