If interested, please attach your resume in WORD
The Manager of Inventory Manufacturing & RNA Technologies will report directly to the Sr. Manager, Finance – Inventory Control, and will be responsible for reviewing and completing the financial inventory and manufacturing elements of our RNA technology Programs. This position will be responsible for performing complex monthly inventory analysis to provide management a clear view into the company’s inventory. Other responsibilities will include reading and understanding new contracts, tracking projects and timelines and collaborating with Supply Chain and Tech Ops groups as new programs are rolled out. This individual will also play a key role in the development and maintenance of the product costing system for our RNA and gene therapy products. He or she will work closely with FP&A and the Manufacturing Operations teams to greatly improve our demand and production forecasting process, while developing strategies for controlling COGS for our commercial and clinical programs.
Additionally, this person will collaborate closely with the Finance R&D team in ensuring that key processes and policies are in place to properly track and accrue costs related to ongoing projects and studies.
- Collaborates with FP&A, Technical Operations, Supply Chain, and Gene Therapy organizations on the development of the costing methodology, cost standards, and KPI reporting for our RNA and gene therapy products, including performing periodic cost studies in support of our standard cost model.
- Provide support during the annual standard cost update to ensure all costs are properly updated in Oracle
- Analyze and verify all financial aspects of RNA product related inventory transactions in Oracle and track financial results by product for senior management’s review.
- Maintain and review any obsolescence reserves.
- Lead the commercialization of future RNA products in our inventory subledger and general ledger.
- Read and review vendor contracts and update our supporting schedules as needed
- Prepare quarterly commitment disclosures and maintain the proper balances in our short-term and long-term prepaid accounts for RNA products
- Prepare a monthly/quarterly variance summary report that showed variances between the physical and perpetual inventory to support the audit function.
- Preparing monthly journal entries and reconciliations for RNA programs.
- Work closely with Supply Chain to analyze and reconcile inventory reports.
- Maintain outstanding relationships with business partners and accounting peers to address information reporting needs. Prepare accounting schedules routinely and as requested for internal and external reporting requirements and assist with and ensure successful quarterly and year-end audits.
- Assist in physical inventory counting at vendor warehouses
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance or similar.
- 4+ years of experience in manufacturing, inventory/finance positions of growing responsibilities
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle OPM Financials module.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing operations, inventory and cost accounting.
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP as it applies to a manufacturing environment is required.
- Require knowledge of accounting statements and financial reporting experience in biotechnology and/or pharmaceuticals.
- Excellent analytic skills; knowledge of Excel-based modeling and experience in the use of computer systems.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, ability to prioritize appropriately and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to work effectively with personnel throughout the company as well as external vendors
- Strong problem solving skills, and the ability to work in a team environment to reach a satisfactory resolution.