- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records with guidance and some direction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: “Essential functions” are primarily job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer.
- Perform inspection, diagnosis and repair of assigned vehicles and equipment with supervision and/or direction of level A and B Technicians.
- Conduct safety checks on trucks.
- Perform maintenance related work as required with guidance of level A and B Technicians.
- Maintains a clear line of communication to the Lead Mechanic/Foreman and other staff in the maintenance department.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance.
- Contains costs by using warranty, evaluating service and parts options.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Occasionally may perform service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards and perform all work in accordance with established procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Class A CDL license is preferred but not required.
2. Certified welder is preferred but not required.
3. Experience in class 8 tractor truck maintenance and/or equivalent schooling, background of hydraulics a plus.
4. Some knowledge with electronic diagnostics.
5. Experience with Peterbilt chassis a plus.
6. Knowledge of DOT compliance, laws, rules, regulations and safety is helpful.
7. Knowledge of TMT and PeopleNet a plus.
8. Computer literate. Microsoft, Outlook and Excel a plus.
9. Attention to detail and possess a high level of accuracy.
10. Comfortable working in a fast pace environment and ability to stay calm under pressure.
11. Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain positive relationships with dispatch team and auto haulers.
12. Excellent communication skills both internally and with customers.
13. Work may require more than 40 hours per week.
AddressWest Warwick, RI
AutomotiveView all jobs at Company Confidential