SUMMARY: This position is responsible for being the main point of contact for the OAM (after-market O-Ring) commonly referred to as distribution and OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturing) customer base. This position is responsible for order entry, return material authorization (RMA) and initial 8D/CCR response, lead-time negotiation/presentation, and to some extent, pricing and promotion of product. In addition to working and speaking with the customer base, frequent, proactive, communication with Operations, Planning, Quality, Accounting, and Technical (Engineering/Chemistry) will be required in order to deliver the highest level of customer satisfaction and care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Coordinate activities with Customer Service Manager.
· Maintain contact with customers concerning delivery information (standard and expedited) and coordination of miscellaneous needs. Handle inbound calls, faxes and email and will deliver responses via the same media and in some cases will make proactive follow-up sales-type calls making decisions and recommendations as to what course of action to pursue next.
· Run reports for Quality (QC) and the warehouse if required.
· Receive customer phone calls; provide support to customers and contractors via phone and in person.
· Run reserve reports in Discoverer and Reserve Product in SAP as instructed.
· Review Purchase Orders (Contracts) and report back to the customer for disposition.
· Check/verify cure dates per customer demands as part of the review process.
· Enter Purchase Order/releases and sends acknowledgements to the customer.
· Initiate the Return Material Authorization (RMA) and initial 8D/CCR response and process through IQS. Enter replacement orders as needed. Follow up with the Customer Services Manager regarding restocking fee.
· Follow up with Sales & Marketing and/or Customer Service Manager on all pricing discrepancies.
· Direct customers to company website to utilize site for miscellaneous transactions including stock checking, order entry, and order status.
· Assist with physical inventory counts and/or data entry.
· Provide lab reports, certificates of conformance, etc. per customer request.
· Follow up with Customer Service Manager, Sr Customer Service Rep., or Sales & Marketing on address changes/additions and customer perm note changes or additions.
· Submit DCNs (Document Change Notice) in SAP as needed.
· Complete and submit ECNs (Electronic Change Notice) and APCO request forms to technical as needed.
· Attend internal meetings/customer conference calls as needed.
· Attend customer required portal/website trainings as needed.
· Gather all documents required for internal/external audits.
· Comply with company retention policy/file documents as required.
· Perform other duties as required or requested.
· Must be able to take direction/supervision and work cooperatively with others.
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to use computer and related software programs to accomplish assigned tasks.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.