Administrative Services Supervisor in Redwood City
The AdSS will perform first line supervisory work by directing and managing the work of 5 employees. (4 Redwood City Office clerical personnel and 1 Analyst in the San Ramon Office) and perform other duties such as payroll, AP/AR and contract negotiations.
Must possess a minimum experience of 4 years in office administration work. Experience in the following areas are desired; payroll, accounts payables, accounts receivables and/or contract administration.
A four year degree is desired, but not required.
- Must be competent with the use of software applications, especially on all MS Office applications. (i.e., Excel, Word, etc) Experience with QuickBooks is helpful.
- Comfortable working with other/general computer applications. (i.e, Adobe, Zip, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deal courteously with customers, public and private entities to perform and meet the expectation of the client.
- Teamwork-focused/collaborative work style
- Ability to multi-task with the need to adjust to changing priorities
- Problem solving skills evidenced by demonstrated results in past positions
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks performing drafting functions using various drafting instruments.
The Administrative Services Supervisor, (AdSS) position shall oversee the direct supervision of the 5 clerical personnel. This position is also expected to provide staff guidance to other departments in all matters relating to payroll, accounts payables, accounts receivables and contract administration.
In general, the AdSS is responsible for ensuring the following, but not limited to the following:
- Supervises, coordinates and performs a variety of administrative support work such as: scheduling; maintaining records; responding to requests for information or services; performing related administrative, planning and research activities; preparing correspondence, reports, statistical information and preparation of budget materials; and developing policies, procedures and training methods related to the department.
- Assists in the completion of performance evaluations; may make hiring recommendations; recommends disciplinary actions; approves vacations and time off; prepares work schedules and assignments; supervises the activities of assigned personnel; monitors reports and record keeping activities filed by assigned personnel for completeness, accuracy, and adherence to policy and procedure guidelines; instructs personnel in departmental policies, procedures and techniques; and provides training. Coordinates work with all Company departments.
- Determines best course of action in the completion of assignments in assigned area including setting priorities. Performs special assignments as requested.
MAJOR AREA OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Management & Supervision Support
- Advocates and promotes Safety in the work group.
- Ensures the Supervisor is kept informed in a timely manner on major issues.
- Provides leadership and guidance to staff on a daily basis and supports the initiatives set by the BOM.
- Assists in ensuring optimum management of work levels for the administrative staff.
- Assists in ensuring optimal cross training and functionality for contingencies.
- Assists in ensuring internal client support is delivered in an effective and expeditious manner.
- Ensures external client’s requests are tended to and followed up to ensure complete client satisfaction.
- Ensure communication and messages are communicated timely and correctly.
- Ensures the accurate and timely processing of payroll
- Ensures quality control and accuracy of all accounts payable.
- Coordinates efforts and liaison with Paychex.
- Reconciles all expense and accurate charging to projects
Contract Management Support
- Assists in ensuring client invoices are accurate prior to submitting to client, and payments are received promptly.
- Ensures the timely execution of contracts.
- Reviews and approves contracts.
- Ensures the proper adherence to Insurance terms.
- Assists other departments in the handling and processing of contract proposals.
- Ensures the timely processing of billing and processing of Invoices to clients. (Accounts Receivables)
- Ensures proper follow-up of invoices and maintain records of payment.
- Ensures timely payments of bills
- Provides seamless support to all Company departments while evaluating and reducing redundant and inefficient purchasing practices.
- Ensures timely processing of monthly financial reconciliations. ? Provides budget and other financial data support as required.
- Coordinate year end party and special events.
- High school internships.
Hours are M-F starting at either 7/7:30 or 8/8:30am. Salary range is up to $37 per hour depending on experience and skill-set, plus discretionary bonus and other perks such as healthcare/dental/vision, 401K plan, etc. (non-exempt)