Full Stack Engineer
Companion Protect Leawood, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
In 2015, Companion Protect set our sights on extending and enhancing the lives of cats and dogs.... and have not looked back since! By offering the highest quality pet insurance for dog and cat parents across the country, we enable a lifetime of healthy and happy pets through comprehensive coverage, affordable deductibles, inclusive and non-discriminatory plans. Our approach is much different than others, we put the customer at the focus of our product and make it easy to understand and use. By offering industry-leading software solutions we support efficient and user-friendly systems for our customers and partners. We are different than most companies, at Companion Protect, we understand our greatest asset is our employees- a diverse, experienced, and innovative workforce driving to a common goal. Our team works hard every day for the betterment of animals nationwide, but we are not all work…we do stop for puppy kisses and cat snuggles from time to time!
What you will do here:
The Full Stack Engineer will work cross functionally with our internal development team responsible for the full software development lifecycle.
- Remain knowledgeable on web development and application trends, technologies, design patterns, and SOLID principles.
- Define front-end architecture and front-facing web design for optimum scalability, usability as well as visual appeal.
- Create and maintain functional databases, applications, and servers to support websites on the back end.
- Define back-end programming and web design integration for optimum scalability and usability.
- Develop software that is understandable, flexible, and maintainable.
- Assess current technology and work with staff to define ways to improve.
- Apply agile methodology, development processes and tools to design both front end and back end solutions.
- Confidently utilize source control, track, and assist with code, development, changes, and delivery.
- Define and set best practices and conventions for software development.
- Maintain and enhance both internal and external ASP.NET Core Web APIs.
- Maintain and enhance ASP.NET Core Console and MVC applications.
- Ensure cross-platform optimization with a mobile responsive design.
- Ensure that non-functional requirements such as security, performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability are being considered when architecting solutions.
- Organize and provide project-related presentations.
- Collaborate with engineering, technology managers and/or UX designers to establish and document development and compliance standards, system components and application usage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, or relevant field preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Full Stack Developer role or similar.
- Experience with back-end languages such as C#, ASP.NET MVC & Web API, REST, and JSON.
- Experience using source control and code versioning tools, preferably Git.
- Experience .Net Core, Document Databases, Message Queues, or Azure Cloud Services is a plus.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and agile development, framework, tools, and method.
- Strong desire for team success.
- Creative, innovative, and effective problem-solver.
- Strong technical knowledge with the passion to learn and develop new skills.
Location: This is a fully remote, “work from anywhere” opportunity!
What are we offering you?
Stepping into Companion Protect, you will likely be greeted by tail wags, sloppy dog-kisses, and meows from our extended family of furry co-workers. Our pets at work program is icing on the cake as far as places to work! Overall, we are excited about what we have here, which is the chance to work with a group of dedicated, smart, and innovative professionals that know how to get work done! All team members take pride in upholding and living our values in everything we do- Commitment, Teamwork and Resourcefulness. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a relaxed atmosphere, development and growth opportunities and the ability to play a role in making a difference in humans and pet’s lives. We have regular spirit weeks, company events, flexible working arrangements, and a leadership team that is dedicated to transparency, innovation and growth. We are just getting started and will constantly be driven to achieve more. If you align with our core values and thrive in an environment fueled by innovation, curiosity, and growth we want to talk to you!
- Generously subsidized company sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with company match and immediate vesting
- Equity Program
- Subsidized pet insurance
- Casual Office Attire
- Pet friendly office environment
- Flexible working environment
- Competitive time off (18 days year one, 23 days year two, additional increases at year 4 and 5)
- Paid Maternity, Paternity and Pawternity leave
- 8 paid company holidays per year
- 2 Days of Paid Philanthropic Time Off
Companion Protect is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: Companion Protect is committed to the principal of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Companion Protect are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental statues, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Companion Protect will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Companion Protect encourages applicants of all ages.
Powered by JazzHR