Optometrist, Mobile, $130k to $175k Compensation
With greater than 20 years of industry experience and relationships with long term care facilities across the country, we are a leading provider of integrated healthcare services to deserving elderly residents.
The Optometrist will provide eye care services to the residents of nursing homes assisted living facilities, and long-term care facilities. We have opportunities for Full Time and Part Time optometrists.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Examines, diagnoses, treats, and manages diseases, injuries and disorders of the visual system, the eye, and associated structures.
- Identifies related systemic conditions affecting the eye.
- Prescribes medications and provides low vision rehabilitation, vision therapy, spectacle lenses, contact lenses; as well as performs certain surgical procedures.
- Enters patient information and completes required clinical documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Counsel patients regarding surgical and non-surgical options that meet their visual needs related to their lifestyle.
- Communicates in a positive, service-oriented manner with external sources (families, responsible parties and facilities including, but not limited to, DON, ADON, management and medical/office staff), and internal sources (HealthDrive office staff, DCS and administration) as needed.
- Responsible for applying proper coding guidelines and indicating appropriate billing codes for services provided to patients
- Adherence to OSHA guidelines in regards to patient care, disposal of materials, and sterilization.
- Attends mandatory eye care group meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Optometry background with proficiency in the assessment, treatment, management and evaluation of age-related eye disorders.
- Ability to work independently on a daily basis.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to use email, the internet and to learn other healthcare related software.
- Self starter attitude with the desire to deliver quality, thoughtful and attentive care.
EDUCATION, REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- O.D. with current State professional license.
- Diagnostic (DPA) and Therapeutic (TPA) pharmaceutical agents certifications. In TX: License qualification with – TG (glaucoma specialist certification).
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Salary of $130,000 to $175,000
- Minimum of $500 daily or 30% of revenue, whichever is greater
- Health, Vision and dental insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
FOR INFORMATION OR TO APPLY:
Please contact Eric at 800-637-4124 for more information or to apply for this great optometry opportunity.
View thousands of other available positions:
Physician Jobs - https://www.permanentphysicianjobs.com
Mental Health Jobs - https://www.permanentpsychiatryjobs.com
Rehab/Therapy Jobs - https://www.permanentrehabjobs.com
Nursing Jobs - https://www.permanentnursingjobs.com
Radiology Jobs - https://www.permanentradiologyjobs.com
Laboratory Jobs - https://www.permanentlabjobs.com
Veterinary Jobs - https://www.permanentveterinaryjobs.com
Comp Resource GroupComp Resource Group is one of the nation's premier retained search firms. Trusted by hundreds of health care facilities across the country, you'll have confidence in our experts ability to fill your urgent and critically important hires. We wouldn't recommend anyone that we wouldn't hire ourselves. View thousands of other available positions: Physician Jobs - https://www.permanentphysicianjobs.com Mental Health Jobs - https://www.permanentpsychiatryjobs.com Rehab/Therapy Jobs - https://www.permanentrehabjobs.com Nursing Jobs - https://www.permanentnursingjobs.com Radiology Jobs - https://www.permanentradiologyjobs.com Laboratory Jobs - https://www.permanentlabjobs.com Veterinary Jobs - https://www.permanentveterinaryjobs.com