Optometrist, Mobile, $130k to $175k Compensation
With greater than 20 years of industry experience and relationships with long term care facilities across the country, we are a leading provider of integrated healthcare services to deserving elderly residents.
The Optometrist will provide eye care services to the residents of nursing homes assisted living facilities, and long-term care facilities. We have opportunities for Full Time and Part Time optometrists.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Examines, diagnoses, treats, and manages diseases, injuries and disorders of the visual system, the eye, and associated structures.
- Identifies related systemic conditions affecting the eye.
- Prescribes medications and provides low vision rehabilitation, vision therapy, spectacle lenses, contact lenses; as well as performs certain surgical procedures.
- Enters patient information and completes required clinical documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Counsel patients regarding surgical and non-surgical options that meet their visual needs related to their lifestyle.
- Communicates in a positive, service-oriented manner with external sources (families, responsible parties and facilities including, but not limited to, DON, ADON, management and medical/office staff), and internal sources (HealthDrive office staff, DCS and administration) as needed.
- Responsible for applying proper coding guidelines and indicating appropriate billing codes for services provided to patients
- Adherence to OSHA guidelines in regards to patient care, disposal of materials, and sterilization.
- Attends mandatory eye care group meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Optometry background with proficiency in the assessment, treatment, management and evaluation of age-related eye disorders.
- Ability to work independently on a daily basis.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to use email, the internet and to learn other healthcare related software.
- Self starter attitude with the desire to deliver quality, thoughtful and attentive care.
EDUCATION, REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- O.D. with current State professional license.
- Diagnostic (DPA) and Therapeutic (TPA) pharmaceutical agents certifications. In TX: License qualification with – TG (glaucoma specialist certification).
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Salary of $130,000 to $175,000
- Minimum of $500 daily or 30% of revenue, whichever is greater
- Health, Vision and dental insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
FOR INFORMATION OR TO APPLY:
Please contact Eric at 800-637-4124 for more information or to apply for this great optometry opportunity.