Barista (Free Meals + Tips)
Comoncy Café Beverly Hills, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
People often ask us, "What is Comoncy?" Quite simply, it means coming together to share the things we love most - Good food, good coffee, and good company. The desire to share our passion for these three things is behind everything we do.
Comoncy first opened its doors in Beverly Hills in 2014, and has expanded to five locations throughout Los Angeles and Phoenix. Our cafe provides a place for our neighborhoods to come together and enjoy organic third-wave coffee beverages as well as healthy, New American-style breakfast and lunch made with love using locally sourced ingredients.
Come be a part of our growing, vibrant community that we call Comoncy! As we are committed to providing the best, quality organic food and service, we are even more dedicated to the support and development of our amazing team. If you are interested in growing with us and creating a positive community, we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking for an experienced Barista who can create the best quality coffee drinks, and welcome customers by determining their coffee interests and needs.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay negotiable based on your experience, along with employee discounts and a performance-based culture for promotions and compensation growth.
- Additional 70% tip pool for Front of the House team.
- Flexible shift for part time positions available; if promoted into a full time role, employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits including: medical, vision, and dental insurance, and more.
- Continued education for the best in class organic and sustainable coffee knowledge and continued barista development.
- Promotes coffee consumption by educating customers; selling coffee, and explaining new speciality items; preparing and serving a variety of coffee drinks and teas.
- Answering customers’ questions about menu choices. Promoting and recommending menu options to customers.
- Taking payment from customers for their food and drink orders, as needed.
- Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, espresso, espresso lungo, caffe latte, and cappuccino.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
- Keeping the work environment sanitary and organized.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Evaluating and modifying processes to improve efficiency and quality of service.
- May be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs for the restaurant such as holidays and weekends
- Other duties as assigned by Managers.
- At least 1 years of experience as a Barista in a fast-paced, cafe or restaurant preferred.
- Previous experience with POS preferred.
- A strong belief in the art of hospitality and the desire to create meaningful guest experiences.
- Must have and maintain a valid Food Handler's certification.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
AddressBeverly Hills, CA
FoodView all jobs at Comoncy Café