Community and Economic Development Assoc Harvey, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
Do you want a career doing work that changes lives? Do you have a desire to have an impact on your community?
Join CEDA, the Community & Economic Development Association of Cook County, as we serve over 200,000 residents each year!
Title: Nutritionist/CPA (Certifying Professional Authority)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Classification: Full Time; Non-Exempt
Reports to: WIC Site Supervisor or WIC Field Coordinator
Supervisor Responsibilities: No
Location: City Floating (Howard, Albany Park, Diversey, Irving Park, Austin, Morton Grove)
Schedule: 8:00a – 4:30p; Tuesday - Saturday; some nights and Mondays as necessary; schedule subject to change based on program needs; required to be on-call or cover scheduled shifts as needed
Purpose: The WIC Nutritionist/CPA is primarily responsible for nutrition and breastfeeding assessment and counseling of WIC clients; ensures that the assigned site operates efficiently and effectively, and that all activities are in compliance with DHS and agency policy.
- Responsible for all WIC clinic functions and ensures all DHS and CEDA WIC policies and procedures are followed.
- Coordinates with the WIC Intake Specialist to complete all stages of the client certification process including screening, assessment, counseling, documentation and follow up.
- Communicates necessary site, staff and client issues to supervisor.
- Provides nutrition counseling, and breastfeeding counseling when applicable, to all eligible participants at certification and individual follow up visits.
- Provides appropriate counseling and follow up to high risk/high priority clients as determined by WIC assessment and adheres to program standards of practice.
- Maintains legible and complete client records, documenting all client educational contacts and pertinent information according to agency standards.
- Schedules, coordinates and conducts group and individual nutrition education sessions.
- Maintains integrity of EBT card inventory, security, issuance and reconciliation.
- Accurately completes appropriate procedures to provide medically prescribed formulas.
- Communicates with health care providers as necessary.
- Obtains client anthropometric measurements as necessary, utilizing length/height boards, scales, head circumference tapes and non-invasive hemoglobin monitors.
- Ensures the daily, weekly and monthly reports are completed per established deadlines.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly and floater checklist as directed
- Bachelors of Science in Dietetics/Food and Nutrition or equivalent (RDN* preferred). *If RDN: Valid, current Illinois license required (Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist from the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation). Staff required to keep current, valid license posted at their worksite and/or available upon request.
- Must meet Illinois Department of Human Services educational requirements for CPAs.
- Minimum of 1 year related experience desirable.
- Must complete breastfeeding education training during first year of employment. Upon successful completion of Breastfeeding Support training, CPA/Nutritionist earns title of BFSC (Breastfeeding Support Counselor).
- Experience in a nonprofit, social service organization, or a Community Based Organization (CBO)
- Bilingual language abilities a plus but not required (English/Spanish)
- Experience working with various socioeconomic populations
- Must have access to reliable transportation to be able to float to different sites within territory (normally 1 site per day); if personal vehicle, must have ability to provide valid driver’s license and car insurance
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, SharePoint, Internet
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, and other benefit options
CEDA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. CEDA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
***This job description is not intended to represent a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. There may be unplanned activities and other duties assigned.***
Community and Economic Development Assoc
HealthcareView all jobs at Community and Economic Development Assoc