After School Paraeducator- Dunlap
Community Youth Ministries Reedley, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Requirements: Must have either 48+ completed college units OR a paraeducator certificate.
Please submit a copy of either a transcript (unofficial ok) or your paraeducator certificate with application.
Work hours are Monday - Friday from 2pm- 6pm, except for Wednesday 1pm - 6pm.
Site Staff Responsibilities
- Arrive and clock in on time every day as directed by Program Manager and Site Lead
- Communicate with/notify site leadin advanceof any potential absences or tardies
- Resolve conflicts in a positive restorative manner
- Work well with and show respect for all ASP team members
- Contribute to a supportive, team atmosphere
- Take initiative; see a need and help other staff or the program whenever possible
- Use all preparation time properly
- Use time appropriately for either planning (when assigned) or focused on students at all times
- Come to work every day eager to work with students and staff and committed to provide the best program possible for every student
- Attend and actively participate in all team meetings
- Complete lesson plans and evaluations on time
- Present yourself in a professional manner at all times; have appropriate language, attitude, attire, and content when around children
- Follow all school and district rules
- Follow all policies as described in the employee handbook
- Prepare supplies and materials needed for homework completion, recreation, and/or enrichment activities
- Prepare and be ready for activity or homework time before students arrive
- Maintain a class environment conducive to student growth and participation by using classroom management techniques
- Affirm/encourage/praise student abilities and value each student
- Use appropriate behavioral discipline procedures (e.g., behavior modification techniques, verbal warning, and uses student discipline system) before sending students to site lead
- Reinforce instruction and assist students in completing homework and assignments as directed by classroom teacher
- Prepared with alternative activities so that homework time is academic and not "free time"
- Prepare and implement age-appropriate enrichment activities based on CYM curriculum goals
- Submit plans and materials needed for approval on a timely basis
- Prepare and implement age-appropriate recreation activities, with little to no "free time"
- Provide consistent supervision of children at all times