Financial Planning and Analysis Manager/Remote option
Community West Bank team members support and foster our core values: character, quality, people, community, and achievement. We live and breathe these attributes in all we do.
As an integral member of the Finance team for Community West Bank, this position will provide extraordinary customer service to our internal team members and external customers, exemplifying the Bank's values and our dedication to quality and service.
This position will have direct responsibility as a Finance team member to assist in the accomplishment of the department goals and objectives. This position will elevate the team as a member of the Bank's high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, ethical standards, goal attainment and the ongoing development of CWB's vision to become the bank of choice for small and medium-sized businesses, professionals, and individuals in the markets we serve. We will combine steady growth, consistent earnings, and control risk to provide a safe and sound bank. Our people will be the difference, delivering an unparalleled experience to our clients, establishing consistency in earnings and enhanced shareholder value.
The FP&A Manager is responsible for directing the Bank's financial planning and analysis activities. This position is responsible for developing the annual budget, financial forecasts and projections based on the Bank's overall strategic plan. Identifying opportunities to increase revenue and /or reduce operating costs and establishing performance targets; provide divisional and product profitability reporting; assisting division and department managers with evaluating the financial impact of changes in their business strategies including changing performance goals, adding or eliminating product offerings, improving operating efficiencies; and working with the CFO in the development of cost allocations and transfer pricing methodologies. The FP&A Manager assists department managers regarding their financial performance, run financial forecast models; and prepare financial reports for executive officers and the Board of Directors. This position performs all essential duties in compliance with regulatory requirements as well as Bank policies and procedures.
* Prepare internal presentations, ALCO presentations and assumptions, reporting and analysis to support decision making and reporting to management and the Board;
* Lead in the development of the Company's financial and capital forecast;
* Manage the preparation of the Company's annual operating budget;
* Assist with treasury and ALCO reporting;
* Provide financial analysis for new businesses, products, and operations;
* Provide financial input and leadership on strategic decision-making issues affecting the Company;
* Prepare, interpret, and present financial information of Bank's business activities to executive management;
* Prepare management reports that reflect the overall financial performance of the Bank and Holding Company and ensure that management reports properly reflect the true operating, financing, and capital costs of the Bank and Holding Company and provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the management in performing their responsibilities;
* Participate in the development of the Company's budgets and forecasting;
* Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning decisions, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action;
* Provide monthly branch, cost center, divisional, and Bank/Company budget to actual financial performance reports including comparisons of key performance indicators.
* Meets response and resolution times as defined in service level agreements and/or service requests, and follows established processes to meet service level commitments
* Cross trains in additional functions of the department
* Develop and implement effective processes to identify, escalate, report, track and remediate risk related issues
* Completes all required regulatory training as assigned within deadlines established including BSA, Bank Security and any other training as assigned, within required timeframes and on an annual basis
* Other duties and/or projects as assigned by supervisor
Community West Bank is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related field preferred and/or a combination with a minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience in a similar financial environment or financial institution;
* Strong analytical and strategic planning skills necessary to evaluate complex financial activities;
* Experience in leading a group of individuals to achieve specific goals;
* Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image;
* A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, excellent judgment and strong operational focus;
* A well-organized and self-directed individual;
* Articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of the Bank and possess excellent communication skills;
* A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective and is well versed in systems;
* Strong computer system skills used to model financial forecasts and annual operating budgets;
* Able to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex transactions;
* Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to the senior management;
* Awareness of operational responsibility for Regulatory, Audit, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) issues:
* Maintains an understanding of the SOX control environment, risk assessment and control activities for the assigned area(s). As a control operator, maintains the knowledge and skill to perform the control and remains independent from related procedures performed in the process.
* Adheres to SOX-compliant procedures and consistently performs control activities accurately and completely with requisite source documentation
* Ability to effectively comprehend and interpret Bank policies and procedures in the work environment
* Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively as a team member
* Ability to exercise good judgment in making decisions
* Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines
* Ability to manage and develop personnel resources.
* Ability to disseminate information and guidelines clearly to employees and check for understanding.
* Exhibit high degree of professionalism in handling and having access to sensitive information, and protect and maintain that confidential information
* Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with a wide range of employees and customers.
* Professional in appearance, and in verbal and written communication
* Advanced Proficiency with MS Excel
* Proficient with: MS Word, Outlook, Internet
Compensation: Salary ranges from $130,000 to $180,000 per year. The salary range is determined by the role, job duties, and position level and reflect the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries. Within the range, individual pay is determined by job – related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Generous vacation leave policies including additional sick days and all Federal holidays off
Employer paid medical, dental and vision insurance for the employee
401k with employer contributions
Annual cash incentive plan
Free financial and retirement planning services
Ancillary benefits available include critical illness & accident insurance, legal and identity theft protection, pet insurance
Community West BankGoleta, CA
Finance and Insurance
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.