Customer Service Representative II/III
- Posted: over a month ago
At Community West Bank, we put deposits to work locally, making loans to businesses, families and non-profit organizations. We are the largest publicly traded and only community bank headquartered and serving California's Central and South Coast area of Ventura, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties, with full-service branches in Goleta, Oxnard, Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, and Ventura. We were named one of the Central Coast Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times, and we love working here and think you may too!
As an integral member of the Relationship Banking team for Community West Bank, this position will provide extraordinary customer service to our internal team members and external clients, exemplifying the Bank's values and our dedication to quality and service. This position will have direct responsibility as a Relationship Banking team member to assist in the accomplishment of the Department Business Plan goals and objectives. This position will elevate the team as a member of the Bank's high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, ethical standards, goal attainment and the ongoing development of CWB's vision to become the bank of choice, providing an unparalleled client experience for our clients, employees, and community.
Customer Service Representatives offer all banking products and services to clients and prospects. Identifies and promotes sales referrals, recommends alternate channels, cross-sells bank services and products, provides excellent customer service. Duties may include, and are not limited to check cashing, processing deposits, checking and savings withdrawals, ATM processing, loan payment processing, safe deposit access/maintenance, merchant/vault, bonds and coupons, night drop and the on-boarding/opening of a variety of account products. CSR levels 2, 3 and 4 may also open new accounts at various levels of complexity, refer cash management products, manage complex customer issues to full resolution, train other CSRs and be cross-trained to provide back up to the Customer Service Assistant position. This position performs teller transactions in compliance with regulatory and bank policies and procedures, adherence to bank security policies and confidentiality of bank records and customer information.
* Greets customers along with providing prompt, efficient and friendly customer service
* Establishes a service quality environment through courteous and professional attitude and appearance.
* Listens to customers to build rapport and identify financial needs for referral to sales staff.
* Performs routine office and customer service responsibilities such as scanning, printing and collating, etc.
* Accepts retail and commercial checking and savings deposits; transfers; disburse funds through checking and savings withdrawals or cashing checks; posts transactions and handles all other client transactions as requested.
* Solicits new business for the bank by identifying and responding appropriately to clues from customers for financial needs, linking the benefits to the customer's needs.
* Understanding of bank products and services. Explains terms, fees and other matters pertaining to the Bank's products and services to the customer.
* Cashes checks for customers and non-customers under current check cashing policy, and after verification of signatures and customer balances.
* Gathers data and completes forms (e.g. currency transaction, Reg. CC, holds, overdrafts, etc.) to ensure compliance with bank policies, procedures, Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering and regulatory compliance programs.
* Balances cash drawer at the end of each shift and compares total amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
* Participates in branch and bank sales campaigns.
* Assists in answering the telephone or waiting on customers for operations, new accounts, and lobby as necessary and without prompting.
* Meets response and resolution times as defined in service level agreements and/or service requests, and follows established processes to meet service level commitments
* Cross trains in additional functions of the department
* Completes all required regulatory training as assigned within deadlines established including BSA, Bank Security and any other training as assigned, within required timeframes and on an annual basis
* Performs all customer service transactions.
* May handle merchant services and/or vault services.
* Research non-routine inquires and troubleshooting of customer inquiries.
* Utilizing basic new accounts training is able to assist/ assume duties associated with new accounts, safe deposit boxes, ATM, vault and merchant customer service functions.
* Acts as a "utility" employee within the branch, moving from assignment to assignment based on business needs of the office.
* Works to independently resolves customer challenges, referring the most complex issues to a supervisor
* May participate on sales calls or referrals for cash management products.
* Independently resolves customer issues, referring only the most complex issues to supervisor.
* May be involved with ordering, receiving, verifying and distributing cash.
* Performs all other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Community West Bank is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
* Exhibit high degree of professionalism in handling and having access to sensitive information and protect and maintain that confidential information.
* Possess excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism to represent the Bank to customers and to the general public as well as co-workers.
* Ability to effectively comprehend and interpret Bank policies and procedures in the work environment.
* Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines.
* Professional in appearance and in verbal and written communication
* Good Math aptitude - requires the ability to count cash/coin
* Requires attention to detail and the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
* Ability to comprehend and apply Bank policies and procedures in the work environment
* Ability to be flexible and adaptable to deal with changing conditions and requirements
* Ability to exercise good judgment in making decisions.
* Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively as a team member.
* Ability to operate a variety of office machines, including 10-key calculator, personal computer, photocopier, fax machine, encoder and typewriter
* Ability to travel to perform required duties (10-20%) dependent upon job level and as directed by supervisor or as needed.
Community West Bank
BusinessView all jobs at Community West Bank
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?