Sr. Director of Emergency and Specialty Hospital Operations
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Community Veterinary Partners is growing and is looking for a senior, multi-site operations leader to support our Emergency and Specialty veterinary hospitals, providing strategic and tactical direction and vision to our Spec/ER community!
As the Senior Director of Emergency and Specialty Operations, you'll be a key member of the Community Veterinary Partners’ field leadership team. In this role, you'll be responsible for supporting this unique group of hospitals that have roots in their local communities with a legacy of excellent pet care and long-standing client relationships!
This is a remote role with up to 75% travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Quality of Care
- Ensure each hospital provides a high level of customer service to our clients and pets
- Ensure all medical and non-medical standards are upheld to provide the best care; work with the VP of Prof Relations and the Medical and Operational Advisory Boards to improve care delivery
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures with all local, state, and federal laws
- Ensure the safety of pets, clients and team members and the maintenance of clean, safe, and organized hospitals
People & Culture
- Work with Practice Managers and Lead Doctors to develop their leadership skills including fostering a culture of engagement and accountability
- Develop successful Practice Managers to continually surpass benchmarks
- Ensures each hospital provides a supportive, positive work environment for the team with a focus on the execution of employee growth and retention initiatives while delivering outstanding high-quality medical care and client service
- Work with hospital leadership to forecast staffing needs and initiate recruitment
- Partners with Talent Acquisition to recruit and select Doctors and Practice Managers to meet the needs of the business
- Support University Relations initiatives to ensure positive student experiences, engagement, and placement
- Work with Human Resources to select, recruit, develop, and mentor teams to realize their full professional potential
- Serves as an escalation point for employee relation issues; partners with the Practice Manager to find amicable resolutions
- Partner with the Practice Managers to maintain appropriate scheduling and Doctor coverage. Approves time off for continuing education, PTO, etc. to support the needs of the team members and the hospital
- Ensures successful assimilation of new partner hospitals into the CVP family
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with Practice Managers, Lead Doctors, Specialists, and Associate Doctors
- Work with Practice Managers and Lead Doctors to improve operational outcomes, including revenue growth and control of inventory, purchasing, labor, and other expenses
- Accountable for P&L management; provides monthly reporting to Core Leadership team on outcomes, responsible for the development of remediation strategies
- Initiate and actively supervise facility improvement projects to provide a professional environment that exceeds customer and regulatory expectations
- Enhance and optimize hospital efficiency
- Partner to improve pet owner communications processes with hospitals for the best experience
- Support the hospital work environments to enhance the retention
- Review hospital performance/results of key financial metrics such as revenue, growth, labor, purchasing, and capital expenditures
- Partner with hospitals, marketing, and other key stakeholders to promote and develop relationships with local referring hospitals
- Achieve profitable growth objectives within the group of hospitals
- Partner with Practice Managers and Lead Doctors to develop solutions for revenue and cost control challenges and opportunities
- Development of fiscal, strategic, and clinical processes in partnership with the hospitals
- Develop, communicate, and implement proactive marketing strategies at each hospital for revenue growth in partnership with the Marketing team
- Assist the Business Development team in Identifying opportunities and strategies to bring new hospitals into the CVP community
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or a related field is required or an equivalent combination of years of education, training, and years of experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- A minimum of Eight (8) years of Veterinary Practice/Management experience or a similar field (i.e., Veterinarian, vet tech, human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) preferably with three (3) years or more in multi-location management in a service industry role.
This is a high-travel (by car and airplane) position.
Community Veterinary Partners. is committed to equal opportunity in employment. It is the Company’s policy that equal employment opportunity be provided without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, covered veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Community Veterinary Partners
BusinessView all jobs at Community Veterinary Partners
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?