We are looking for a customer-oriented service representative.
- A customer service representative, or CSR, will act as a liaison, ensuring an excellent customer experience for all clients in all interactions with the Hospital.
- The best CSRs are genuinely excited to help customers. They’re patient, empathetic, and passionately communicative. They love to talk. Warmly greeting clients as they enter the Hospital must be natural and free flowing. Problem-solving also comes naturally to customer care specialists.
- CSRs are supportive teammates and as necessary, help other Hospital team members in the performance of their duties.
- Phone Reception: Answering client questions, scheduling appointments and surgeries, recording messages for doctors and staff.
- Document and address client complaints; escalating complaints, as appropriate, to the Practice Manager.
- Practicing and promoting efficient and effective communication between clients, doctors, and technical staff.
- Maintaining positive working relationships (team approach) between front desk and clinicians, front desk and technical staff.
- Assisting in triaging medical needs for patients by phone to manage appropriate appointment schedules.
- Greeting Clients: Checking in patients, dispensing medications and prescriptions and invoicing clients.
- Checking Out Clients: Reviewing in detail the invoice for each client, taking payment and making change and scheduling follow-up appointments.
- Daily cleaning tasks as assigned within main lobby area.
- Ensuring an accurate end-of-day transaction procedure, including, but not limited to, reconciling invoices, balancing the cash drawer and preparing the deposit.
- Keep records of customer interactions and accurately document communication about patients into medical notes.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Proven customer support experience or experience as a client service representative – Preferably previously employed within a veterinary setting.
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Familiarity with computers, Microsoft, internet and other small office equipment such as fax, copier, calculator, credit card terminals
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Must be proficient in math and spelling.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull 50#
- Must be compassionate and have empathy.
Work week is 4 days; M-Th 7:15-5 p.m. with rotating Thursday evening shift of 9a-7p. Approx. 36 hours weekly.
36 hours weekly
Community VetHarrisonburg, VA
BusinessView All Community Vet Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.