ATTENTION: 18-24 YEARS OLDS ...THIS OPPORTUNITY IS FOR YOU!!
* **** ** EARN WHILE YOU LEARN !! YOUNG ADULT WORK EXPERIENCE PROGRAM!
FULL TIME 40 HOURS PER WEEK
Earn a wage while working in a challenging position as a crew member on our roadside maintenance crews in Tampa. Meet our Supervisors and truck each day at: 3001 S Highway 301, Tampa, FL. Earn an AmeriCorps Education award to attend an accredited school (trade school, community college, university) while employed with his non profit organization. We have stable state contracts with FDOT.
• Health Insurance
• Simple IRA Plan
• Certifications (such as Intermediate Maintenance of Traffic - IMOT)
• Potential eligibility for an AmeriCorps Education Award from $1100 to $6095 – that can be used for education at an accredited college/university/trade school or to pay off student loans. Can be eligible for 2 full time awards at $6095 each.
* Meet quarterly with a Program Coordinator to review your goals and objectives, review personal development or education or career goals and make a plan to achieve same.
• 2 forms of ID
* Drivers license a plus but not required
* Must be able to get to the meeting spot each morning by 6:30 am.
• Excellent communication skills
• Prior conservation corps experience welcomed
• Ability to work full time, 4 days per week (Mon – Thurs), 10 hours per day
- Ability to withstand rough conditions in heat and cold, hard work but great personal satisfaction and personal improvement.
• $9-11.50 per hour (depends on experience)