Community Systems, Inc Plymouth, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Looking for that job that is meaningful? We'd love to meet you!
Community Systems, Inc. is currently looking for the right candidate to fill the role of Program Director.
As a Program Director, the primary job responsibility, is “helping persons with disabilities to find happiness in their own homes, in their personal relationships, and as contributing members of the community.” Program Directors are members of the senior leadership team entrusted to empower each person supported to direct his or her life in support of their vision and the CSI mission. As a leader, the Program Director has the capacity to turn a person’s vision into reality, influence others and effect change. A Program Director guides multiple teams to implement CSI’s mission and values.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support and implement the CSI mission while empowering each person supported to direct his or her own life.
2. Develops and maintains positive and effective relationships with persons supported; interacts positively, actively and respectfully with persons supported
3. Leads multiple Program Managers and their teams, while proving positive coaching and feedback.
4. Oversees compliance with county and state regulatory licensure standards and any other standards and regulations which apply. Maintain and account for all documentation for certification, regulations, standards, and CSI policy. Present, on behalf of the person supported, to state- and county-mandated committees.
5. Drives effective operation of supports by leading and scheduling their managers; assigning and evaluating their work, and providing them professional guidance.
6. Actively participates in the following processes: hiring, evaluating, staff development and training; disciplining, and terminating employees
7. Ensuring staff’s completion of all required training and ongoing professional development activities.
8. Verify and assist Program Managers with routine maintenance of properties and CSI owned or leased vehicles, furnishings and equipment.
9. Verify the proper accounting of CSI resources and funds of the persons supported according to CSI’s policies and procedures.
10. Completes required documentation in a timely manner.
11. Schedule and lead team meetings to foster growing teams, team bonding, and team building, as directed by the Executive Director.
12. Maintain optimal communication and cooperative working relationships with the team, family, guardians and other stakeholders.
13. Always represent CSI in a positive and professional manner.
14. Participate in the strategic initiatives of CSI as members of the senior leadership team.
15. Participate in in-state and interstate CSI initiatives.
16. Accept and perform on-call responsibilities.
17. Support Program Managers to coordinate the appropriate staffing coverage to assure mission focused supports.
18. Conduct internal investigations.
19. Computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office, web based applications, general windows skills.
20. Perform other duties as assigned.
Prior experience working in the field of supporting persons with disabilities is required. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study is required; on a case-by-case basis, CSI may accept commensurate experience. Minimum age requirement is 20 years. Functional literacy in math and reading are required. A valid driver’s license is required. Candidates must also have a satisfactory criminal, driving and employment history per CSI personnel policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The ability to physically assist people out of a structure in the event of an emergency.
2. Communicate effectively using English both verbally and in writing
3. Sufficient strength to lift up to 50 pounds for intermittent/ occasional periods and as necessary so as to, for example, carry several bags of groceries
4. Sufficient dexterity to operate standard business equipment and other specialized equipment
5. Vision for everyday reading and the ability to drive as determined by each state.
6. Stand/sit for extended periods of time, possibly up to 6 hours at a time.
7. The ability as necessary to physically restrain individuals who could be a risk of danger to themselves or others
8. Bend to the floor
9. Reach above waist level for example, to put groceries away on a shelf
10. Twist at the pelvis
11. Climb stairs
12. Walk ½ mile
13. Kneel so as to perform CPR
14. Move without restriction so as to perform essential job functions
Community Systems, Inc. currently offers the following benefits:
· Health Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Long Term Disability Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Tuition Reimbursement
· 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer contribution
· 4 weeks of earned leave in your first year of employment
- and more!
We look forward to hearing from you soon! Happiness happens here!
Community Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Helping persons with disabilities to find happiness in their own homes, in their personal relationships, and as contributing members of their community.
We are distinctive for...
Our dedication to individual supports planned one person at a time.
Our tenacity in helping persons with challenges to find success.
Our commitment to remain abreast of best practice.
Our staunch belief that no one with disabilities need live in an institution.
Community Systems, IncWhy Work Here?
Happiness happens here!
Community Systems, Inc. is a four-state family of non-profit, tax-exempt corporations whose mission is... Helping persons with disabilities to find happiness in their own homes, in their personal relationships, and as contributing members of their community. We are distinctive for... Our dedication to individual supports planned one person at a time. Our tenacity in helping persons with challenges to find success. Our commitment to remain abreast of best practice. Our staunch belief that no one with disabilities need live in an institution.
Arts and Entertainment