Early Learning Center Teacher's Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Early Learning Center Teacher’s Assistant
Starting rate of pay is $11.00 per hour
We are looking for an enthusiastic and compassionate team player for our growing Early Learning Center. This position is Monday thru Friday with various hours between 6:30am to 6pm. $500 Sign On Bonus.
At Community Support Services, we believe that everyone is capable of reaching new heights and thriving in the community. Our services for adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities focus on personal choice while recognizing the specialized and often complex needs of the individuals that we serve. We offer an array of supportive programs for children and adults with developmental disabilities, those with special health and medical needs as well as in home assistive services. We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce and invest in training and development in a big way, so come build your future right along with ours.
What you will be doing:
The Early Learning Center Teacher’s Assistant helps plan, organize, and implement the operational and educational environment of the Early Learning Center, including setting up the classroom and encouraging a learning environment by assisting in the implementation of the educational program. The program serves children of varying abilities, including children whom may have developmental delays, challenging behaviors, as well as typically developing children through sound learning opportunities. This individual must be dependable and self-motivated with a warm and friendly personality, sensitive to the feelings and needs of others, be able to relate well to children and families, and be willing to further their education and learning to enhance the educational program and the philosophy of the Early Learning Center. Our ELC Assistants have the advantage of working in different classrooms and have the ability to experience different teaching techniques as well as a variety of children with varying abilities. If you want to make a difference in the lives of others, join our team today!
If you would like to learn more about this position before applying, contact our Talent & Recruitment Coordinator, Tabitha Ralston at 417-624-4515 extension 117.
In addition to an attractive wage, we offer the following featured Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation
- Growth and development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- On the job training and company paid training programs
- Retirement planning
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to build positive trusting relationships with children, families, colleagues, and community representative to support children and families.
- Assist with planning and managing a developmentally appropriate program that is warm, welcoming and supporting of health, safety, and growth of children in the program that fosters independence.
- Guide children’s behavior in positive and productive ways
- Promote children’s development and learning by encouraging routines, and activities that facilitate children’s growth and development
- Observing children regularly and individualize the program based on these observations.
- Redirecting behavior in positive and productive ways.
- Continue to learn about children, families, and the field of early childhood education including participating in training, expanding skills and knowledge, learning new techniques and approaches.
- Maintaining professional standards and being ethical, for examples, including maintaining confidentiality of children and families, follow operational policies and procedures, and supporting a positive team interaction with all.
- One (1) year experience in working with children preferred.
- Minimum of nine (9) college credit hours in either Early Childhood, Child Development, Youth Development, Child/Family related courses preferred; or a current Child Development Associate credential or willing to obtain within a year.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver’s license
- Current proof of vehicle insurance
- Reliable transportation
- Able to pass extensive background, finger printing, physical and required drug screenings.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds on a repeated base required for care of individuals for performing functions such as transferring.
- Also required to bend, twist, stoop and kneel to perform the essential functions of the Early Learning Center Teacher's Assistant position.
CSS is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. CSS is an equal opportunity employer and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
The essential functions of this role must be met by an employee in order to perform their job requirements.
Community Support Services
AddressWebb City, MO
EducationView all jobs at Community Support Services