Stony Point Commons ‘Case Manager’
Community Support Network
is a nonprofit agency that is an innovator in providing effective tools, support, housing, and dignity to individuals with mental health and other life challenges. We are dedicated to creating a compassionate, healthy, and safe society by empowering people at risk to achieve stability and to realize their individual potential.
Community Support Network is seeking a qualified, experienced individual to provide case management to approx 16 people who have history of chronic homelessness and a serious and or /persistent mental illness.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the delivery and documentation of quality client services; assessment, medication monitoring, crisis intervention, counseling, referral, advocacy, liaison work, transition planning and discharge.
- Maintain clear and effective communications with program participants, and insure their needs are being met.
- Participate in scheduled individual supervision, staff meetings, in-service training and other meetings as required.
- Observe confidentiality guidelines and respect staff/client boundaries
- Assists Program Coordinator in providing necessary HMIS and ETO information in a timely way.
- Keep program in compliance with all Housing first and HUD requirements
- Assist the Program Coordinator and Property Manager to ensure that the program facility is maintained as a home-like, normalizing, non-institutional environment in which program participants feel comfortable and safe.
- Maintain program compliance with CSN’s IIPP (Injury Illness and Prevention Program) and maintain a legal and safe working environment free of hazards, hostility, harassment, and discrimination.
Full time, hourly position, 40 hours per week. Wage range $20.00 to $22.00. The value of all benefits adds an additional $5.04 per hour.
Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, retirement plan, life insurance, nine paid holidays, sick and vacation time.
* BA in Psychology, Rehabilitation, Counseling or a related field or High School Diploma with 2 years case management experience.
* Demonstrated ability to relate to clients in an actively engaging and empathetic manner.
* Good communications skills, both oral and written.
*One or more years’ experience in a mental health agency, preferably with chronically mentally ill adults.
*Must have demonstrated ability to work with diverse and multi-cultural population.
*Ability to work with a social rehabilitation model of treatment.
*Ability to work independently.
*Have California Driver’s License and be insurable under agency’s automobile insurance policy.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Jean Clifford, CSN’s Human Resources Coordinator through this posting.
CSN’s behavioral health programs are recognized throughout Sonoma County for exceptional cost-effectiveness on top of our outstanding client successes. In our nine small homes, residents are empowered with the services and support they need, whether it’s in our permanent supportive housing for young adults exiting foster care, or transitional housing and social rehabilitation programs for older adults who have been chronically homeless.
Our caring and experienced staff address the needs of the whole person – who they are today, and who they can be tomorrow – in programs that offer:
Safe, clean and comfortable homes
Top-rated recovery support for sobriety
Training in everyday skills like healthy eating, hygiene and vocational readiness
Individualized care and goal-setting with compassionate staff
Effective support with behavioral healthcare
Important connections to professional medical care
Community support and responsibilities
For more than 40 years, CSN has been a trusted source for the rehabilitative needs of homeless individuals in Sonoma County.