Housing Placement Advocate
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Offering help for today and skills for tomorrow, Community Services Consortium has the unique opportunity to change lives. By providing education, tools and resources we help individuals and families chart a brighter course for their future. If helping people help themselves sounds like one of your passions, we want to hear from you. Currently, we are accepting applications for our Mid-Valley location:
Housing Placement Advocate Veteran Services - $17.73 per/hr
Become a part of the CSC family working to end poverty in the Mid-Valley. Our Housing Placement Advocate SSVF (Supportive Services for Veteran Families) works directly with individuals and families to address barriers to housing stability. This can take the form of the application processes, housing search and working with Landlords. The ideal candidate will have a background in veteran services, possess the composure and compassion to deal with those in crisis, and be highly organized with the ability to have a broad understanding of social service programs and delivery.
- 40 hours per week M-F; hybrid position
- Excellent employee benefits;
- Affordable medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your dependents.
- Short and long term disability coverage, life insurance and two retirement plans.
- Paid time off: vacation leave, sick leave, COMP Time, FLEX time, and 10+ holidays.
- Robust Employee Assistance Plan including access to financial planning, legal assistance, and counseling
- Represented by AFCSME Local #3563 AFL-CIO
- 5% pay adder for bi-lingual English/Spanish skills.
High school diploma or equivalent, plus specialized courses in social work, counseling or related field and one year experience working with adults in a counseling or teaching capacity or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Must possess knowledge of local rental market, Oregon landlord/tenant law, and Fair Housing Law, as well as community resources. Ability to effectively: interpret program requirements, obtain and record accurate information related to participant eligibility, meet and deal with the public, peers, managers and supervisors; communicate verbally and in writing; and handle stressful situations. Behavior positively reflects on agency and workplace. Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information. Must have strong interpersonal communication skills verbally and in writing. Comfortable using a computer and MS Office Suite applications; emphasis on Excel. Must have a valid driver's license and pass a criminal background check. Veteran candidates preferred and encouraged to apply.
To apply go to www.communityservices.us
Job Description Click Here
CSC is a community Action Agency helping Linn, Benton, and Lincoln Counties.