Community Resource Network of Florida is looking for a fun, compassionate, dependable Life Skills Program Instructor to help Individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) achieve their highest level of independence and live a meaningful life. We are looking for applicants that have a passion for helping others and making a difference in someone's life!
Life Skills instructors assist adults with Intellectual and/or developmental disabilities with a person-centered approach. We assist individuals with learning Self-Advocacy, Rights Education, Health and Safety and to become as independent as possible in daily living/job skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish and maintain a supportive, professional relationship with Individuals, their families and circle of support contacts.
- Complete required documentation of services. This includes daily notes/service logs and summaries of progress toward established support plan and implementation plan goals.
- Maintain health and safety of the Individual served
- Report changes in the Individuals condition and/or any incidents immediately.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, calmness and positivity that fosters relationships and growth
- Accompany Individuals on community outings, ensuring safety and engagement
- Assist Individuals to walk with or without self-help devices, as needed
- Conduct all classes and activities adhering to the Person-Centered philosophy.
- Assist Individuals with meals, as needed.
- Assist Individuals with bowel and bladder functions, some may require diapering
- Treat everyone with kindness, dignity and respect.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school Diploma or GED required
- College credits or degree can substitute for experience
A minimum of one year experience working in a medical, psychiatric, nursing or child care/ adult care setting or working with individuals with an intellectual and/or developmental disability. College credits or degree can substitute for time of service.
Must pass a Level II Background screening
Must pass a drug screen
The ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Paid Time Off
Powered by JazzHR
Community Resource Network of Florida Inc.