- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $19 Hourly
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Must meet the qualifications for Residential Instructor job functions and requirements. Must be able to lift 70-75lbs.
- Must be able to utilize approved protective hold techniques in order to keep you, clients, and co-workers safe; works with youth who may potentially cause harm to you or others.
- In addition to Residential Instructor job duties, the Assistant Manager must be able to assist the Program Manager in the following areas:
a. Schedule/maintain adequate staffing when staff patterns are interrupted; ensure that client care and activity schedules are maintained.
b. Ensure that data sheets are current and complete.
c. Participate in the CRI in-service training to ensure provision of quality services to the clients; assist with staff in-servicing to ensure that all staff are in-serviced as required.
d. Be responsible for overall running of the residential home in the absence of the Program Manager.
e. Participate in the Interdisciplinary Team process when possible, staffing permitted; provide input and write reports as needed.
f. Assist with all other duties designated by the Program Manager.
- Assist the Program Manager with the development of programs for each client based on the needs stated in the Individual Plan of Service.
- Work with all consultants (i.e. Speech Therapist, OT, PT, etc.) to ensure necessary services recommended by the consultants are adhered to according to the Program Manager’s direction.
- Conduct him/herself as a good role model to clients and staff (i.e. manners, dress, conversation, etc.).
- Participate in all staff meetings in order to enhance the services provided to clients.
- Aid CRI in maintaining positive relationships with the community.
- Familiarize self with CRI Policies and Procedures, ensuring compliance with same.
- Help maintain a clean program site inclusive of cleaning, vacuuming, etc…, on a daily basis per supervisor direction.
- Provide supervision to staff while working within the staff complement.
- Rotate the on-call coverage with the manager to handle staffing issues and any problems that arise.
1. Valid CT driver’s license and a good driving record required.
2. Must be able to become certified in CPR and First Aid. As of 1/1/98, must
become Medication Administration Certified within 4 months of the date
of hire and be responsible for renewing all required certifications.
3. Demonstrate organizational ability.
4. Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with adults who are
5. Demonstrate ability to supervise and guide other staff while acting on behalf
of the Program Manager.
6. Demonstrate ability to maintain consumers’ right to privacy, and adhere to
CRI’s Confidentiality policy.
7. Demonstrate knowledge of current issues in the field of Developmental
1. Display motivation and interest in improving quality of life for the population
2. Display interest in being part of a multi-disciplinary teaching approach.
Bachelor’s Degree, or an Associates Degree and one (1) year experience in the Human Services Field. Or: a high school diploma or GED with two (2) years’ experience in the Human Services field.