LVN - Mental Health Nurse
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Nurse - LVN (5924) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Jary Barreto Crisis Center (Downtown San Diego)
COMMUNITY RESEARCH FOUNDATION (CRF)
Bring your nursing skills and dedication to helping others to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
Nurse – LVN/LPT
CRF Behavioral Health Nurses are client-centered, compassionate, dedicated team members who make a difference in the lives of the people they serve. They embrace the opportunity to work side-by-side with their clients, helping to make lasting changes that will improve quality of life, health, and wellness. Our START nurses are committed to providing excellence in psychiatric nursing care.
Program: Jary Barreto Crisis Center (San Diego)
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 4:00 pm to Midnight.
GREAT Pay Rate and FULL BENEFITS: $36.05 per hour;
As a CRF START nurse, you will be part of a team that assesses client’s mental and physical health and develops treatment plans.
- Consult with psychiatrist and other health professionals as well as manage medications.
- Coordinate care with outside providers to assist in a long-term plan for obtaining medications and maintain care in the community for both mental and physical health.
- Safely store and handle medications and ensure the proper documentation is completed.
- Provide medication support services, which ensure optimal outcomes for your clients.
- Current California LVN/LPT license required and must be kept current and in good standing during employment
- First Aid/CPR certification required and must be kept current during employment
- Previous experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
- Ability to physically and mentally assist in emergency situations is required
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not required
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Short-Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) Program
Our Crisis Centers provide intensive, community-based residential services for adults throughout San Diego County, 24 hours/7 days a week. We deliver a unique alternative to psychiatric hospitalization to clients who are experiencing a significant psychiatric crisis that is not manageable in an outpatient basis. We provide services in a home-like environment that specializes in the bio-psychosocial rehabilitation of each individual.
Our multi-disciplinary team addresses each aspect of a client’s unique situation, including mental health, co-occurring substance abuse, housing, medical/medication needs, and establishing connections to social service supports within the community to facilitate successful transition beyond the START program.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
IMPROVING AND ENRICHING THE LIVES OF EVERY INDIVIDUAL AND FAMILY WE SERVE
CRF, in partnership with our clients and stakeholders, designs, delivers and evaluates innovative and exemplary behavioral health services in a manner that is both culturally and trauma competent, providing these services with integrity, compassion, and a strong focus on wellness. We also inspire and mentor the next generation of behavioral health professionals.
CRF embraces the concept that persons affected by mental illness and co-occurring mental health and substance use problems can and do recover when provided with appropriate and adequate treatment, activities and supports. This includes access to culturally appropriate, recovery-focused care within the individual's own community provided in the least restrictive level possible. Our child, youth and family programs are family-centered and designed based upon wraparound philosophy.
Community Research Foundation serves adults with serious mental illness, many with a co-occurring substance use problem, as well as seriously and emotionally disturbed youth and children.
General Areas of Service
Short Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) programs (alternative to hospitalization for adults)
Transitional Living Residential Program for Adults
Outpatient Clinics for Children and Adults
Walk-In Urgent Care Clinic for Adults
School-Based Counseling Programs
Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)
Outpatient Psychosocial Rehabilitation Programs
Client-Directed Psychosocial and Vocational Clubhouses
CalWorks Specialized Mental Health, Substance Abuse, and Domestic Violence Program
Community Research Foundation
2865 Logan AvenueSan Diego, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at Community Research Foundation
Get fresh LVN Clinic jobs daily straight to your inbox!