Mental Health Counselor/PSR Specialist, Bilingual Spanish – Mental Health Services
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Salary: Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefit
Locations: Crossroads (El Cajon), and Adelante (Chula Vista, CA)
Community Research Foundation, a non profit mental health organization is San Diego County, is looking to hire a Bilingual, fluent in Spanish and English Full Time Mental Health Clinician or Therapist at our programs in Kearny Mesa or Oceanside San Diego, CA. Apply today for immediate consideration!
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing Spanish
- Master's degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, Counseling
- Licensed or registered in CA as IMF, ASW, PCCI, or waiver-eligible (ABD) psychologist candidate as required by contract
- Minimum of 2 years of experience conducting Behavioral Health Screenings and Psychosocial Assessments with adult survivors of trauma, intimate partner violence, post-traumatic stress disorder, and substance use disorders
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Typical Duties of the Mental Health Counselor
- Conduct individual, family, and group counseling/psychotherapy sessions
- Develop and update individual treatment service plans for clients
- Conducts initial phone screens, triage and walk-in services, care coordination, and/or crisis intervention as requested by direct supervisors
- Create discharge plans and provide linkage to other support services within the community
- Participate in interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Conduct initial psychological assessments for clients with mild to moderate mental illness, utilizing a psychosocial rehabilitation focus and dynamic team-based approach
Your well-being matters at CRF! Full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 4 ½ weeks paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan repayment/forgiveness programs! Y
CRF: Why It’s A Great Place To Work!
Community Research Foundation inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges.
For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours! Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
CRF takes your dedication seriously, and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. Our full-time (30 hours or more) staff may earn up to 24 days of PTO per year plus generous holiday schedules; we offer COMPETITIVE PAY, top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plans…and really generous retirement benefits. We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.