Community Research Foundation, a non profit mental health organization here in San Diego, CA County is looking for a licensed or licensed eligible mental health counselor, clinician, or assessment specialist for a FT Assessment/Discharge Specialist role with us . Apply now for immediate consideration!
Program/Location: Maria Sardinas (San Ysidro San Diego)
Assessment and Discharge Specialist (Licensed or License-Eligible) – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Master's degree in Psychology or in the Social Sciences field
- Licensed, waivered or license-eligible as Psychologist, Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist or Professional Clinical Counselor
- At least 2 years of experience working with individuals who have a severe and persistent mental illness, as well as co-occurring disorders required
- Those with experience in a walk-in outpatient-based mental health program encouraged to apply
- Fluent bilingual Spanish (read, write, speak) required
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance and credentialing review
Typical Duties of the Assessment and Discharge Specialist
- Provides screening, clinical assessments, case management and outreach for outpatient program clients diagnosed with severe mental illness and may be dually diagnosed with a substance abuse disorder
- Conducts collateral interviews, develops individual service plans and participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Provides crisis intervention as appropriate
- Coordinates with the multidisciplinary team regarding discharge planning in progress
- Collaborates with nursing staff to arrange continuing care medication maintenance
- Assists clients with obtaining treatment benefits and other community-based supports to facilitate recovery and improvement
Located in South San Diego, CA, Maria Sardinas Wellness and Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program that provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
IMPROVING AND ENRICHING THE LIVES OF EVERY INDIVIDUAL AND FAMILY WE SERVE
CRF, in partnership with our clients and stakeholders, designs, delivers and evaluates innovative and exemplary behavioral health services in a manner that is both culturally and trauma competent, providing these services with integrity, compassion, and a strong focus on wellness. We also inspire and mentor the next generation of behavioral health professionals.
CRF embraces the concept that persons affected by mental illness and co-occurring mental health and substance use problems can and do recover when provided with appropriate and adequate treatment, activities and supports. This includes access to culturally appropriate, recovery-focused care within the individual's own community provided in the least restrictive level possible. Our child, youth and family programs are family-centered and designed based upon wraparound philosophy.
Community Research Foundation serves adults with serious mental illness, many with a co-occurring substance use problem, as well as seriously and emotionally disturbed youth and children.
General Areas of Service
Short Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) programs (alternative to hospitalization for adults)
Transitional Living Residential Program for Adults
Outpatient Clinics for Children and Adults
Walk-In Urgent Care Clinic for Adults
School-Based Counseling Programs
Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)
Outpatient Psychosocial Rehabilitation Programs
Client-Directed Psychosocial and Vocational Clubhouses
CalWorks Specialized Mental Health, Substance Abuse, and Domestic Violence Program