Regional Medical Director, Psychiatry (MD/DO) - Maryland
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Regional Medical Director, Psychiatry (MD/DO)
- Reports to: Medical Director
- Status: Full-time, Exempt
- Location: College Park, MD
- Travel: Up 25% of time required
The Regional Medical Director is an instrumental clinical leader and liaison of Community Psychiatry’s Office of the Chief Medical Officer. You are responsible for promoting and monitoring the professional, clinical, and ethical values and standards to which all Community Psychiatry clinicians in your region are expected to adhere. You will foster an environment of open communication and continuous improvement, building relationships with and between clinicians and operational partners that enable access to care and improve health outcomes across the region. Under general supervision of the Medical Director and in alignment with the Office of the Chief Medical Officer, you will drive strategic and tactical efforts to ensure Community Psychiatry is the best place for clinicians to practice and pursue professional growth, and the best place for our patients to receive the highest quality care.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning by focusing on development and engagement of all clinicians.
- Work with Medical Director and Clinician-Experience Managers to maintain an environment of performance, high standards of care, and accountability.
- Facilitate regular clinician meetings in conjunction with functional leaders to ensure clinicians are connected and engaged with regional clinical priorities and company strategic priorities.
- Develop regional clinician retention and development plan, with ongoing talent assessment.
- Drive retention and engagement in region through monitoring employee and patient NPS survey results and forming actionable plans to improve.
- Collaborate with cross-functional department leaders (Clinical Operations, Clinician Experience, Operations, Marketing, etc.) to address clinicians needs and concerns.
- Provide consultation to clinicians on patient care issues, best practice guidelines, and standards of care.
- Utilize patient facing KPI metrics to measure and track performance of clinicians; influence and improve clinical operational efficiency.
- Consult with Operations leaders to ensure excellent admin support and workflows for regional clinicians.
- Perform routine chart reviews and assist with development of clinical best practice guidelines.
- Assist with developing, implementing, and monitoring tools for ensuring clinician accountability and high performance, including productivity benchmarks, performance measures, and quality measures.
- Provide clinical operational oversight and communicate inefficiencies to drive continuous improvements.
- Monitor clinical care for compliance with applicable regulatory and licensing requirements, local laws and ordinances, and Community Psychiatry policies and procedures.
Leadership & Strategy
- Coach, mentor, and performance manage clinicians on variety of issues, from interpersonal challenges with clinical and non-clinical colleagues, to appropriate standards of care, to effective practice management.
- Collaborate with Medical Director, other Regional Medical Directors, and Leadership Team in development and execution of strategic clinical initiatives.
- Build strong relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders in areas related to clinical quality, operations, and innovation.
- Assist Medical Directors and the Office of the CMO in the recruitment, assessment, and selection process for new clinicians.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in clinical quality and develop action plans to make systematic improvements.
- Assist with identifying sub-specialties among regional clinicians as part of Centers of Excellence.
- Evaluate and recommend new service lines, including partnering on building business case; oversee effective implementation and champion for expansion within the region.
- Represent Community Psychiatry at meetings and events of local medical societies, professional organizations, and other relevant groups and agencies.
Education & Licensure
- D. or D.O. degree from an accredited medical school
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in general psychiatry
- Current, valid license to practice medicine in the state in which you are practicing / leading a region
- Current, relevant, and substantial knowledge of areas related to healthcare operations
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to and build the trust of clinicians, administrative support team, and key business stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team, in collaborative settings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understands and is committed to maintaining highest level of confidentiality
- Able to motivate clinicians and administrative support teams, and promote team building and problem-solving across functional areas
- Demonstrated problem-solving through root-cause analysis; ability to articulate both clinical and business impacts of issues
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer technology and willingness to develop and adapt to the evolving technological requirements of modern medical healthcare environment
- Previous experience supervising clinicians and other clinical staff, with demonstrated record of success
- Current, relevant, and substantial knowledge of areas related to clinician licensing and operations, e.g., legal/regulatory, administrative, policy, protocols, and other clinical issues
- Experience as medical director or associate medical director
- Clinical teaching experience and private practice experience
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
AddressCollege Park, MD
HealthcareView all jobs at Community Psychiatry