Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 10 states.
We are in search of a Registered Nurse (RN) to deliver care to individuals with disabilities in a community setting, utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning intervention, implementation, and evaluation.
This Full-Time position will support our operations in Pittsburgh, PA. The hourly pay-rate is $30.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Diabetes Education Certification preferred.
- Current Nursing License required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an RN.
- Ability to calculate figures related to medical dosages.
- Ability to establish a comfortable and supportive relationship with a person receiving supports.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Participate in the admission of new residents to assigned homes.
- Develop plans to guarantee that the medical and healthcare needs of the residents are met and ensures the appropriate medical follow-up.
- Review lab work and coordinates annual physical exams and care with clinics, outside physicians, and hospitals.
- Provide special instructions to resident and home staff related to medical diagnosis, allergies, diet, etc., and is available for ongoing consultation to staff regarding medical problems and healthcare.
- Clarify medication orders and contact physician to review consumer’s status and medication plans.
- Participate in quarterly and Annual Individual Plan (IP) meetings for assigned participants.
- Create and distribute Individual Plan Medical/Health Reports detailing participants’ general health, health care goals, and physician recommendations for each participant.
- Provide documentation regarding individual’s health status for various support people.
- Make referrals for needed medical services and ensure that follow-up care is pursued.
- Provide quarterly in-service training for support staff.
- Advises supervisor of all concerns and/or issues related to the provision of nursing services.
- Follows strict OSHA procedures regarding blood borne pathogens.
- May be On-Call 24 hours a day for medical emergencies, in cooperation with other management staff.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- May perform tasks that involve exposure to various medical conditions, communicable diseases, blood, bloody fluids, or tissues.
- Work will take place in the administrative office, community, and in the homes.
- Insurance Options (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Holidays—Including a Birthday Holiday
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Incentive & Discount Programs
- 403b Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Exceptional Career Growth Opportunities
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: Resumes-Pi@comop.org
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V