The rehabilitation specialist supports and motivates program participants in our residential brain injury rehabilitation center as they address cognitive, physical, medical, behavioral and psychosocial rehabilitation programming goals (our employees do not provide direct personal cares - bathing, toileting, etc.). They support program participants as they work to develop strategies to enable them to return to lives of personal meaning where they live, learn, work and recreate in their chosen communities.
We are seeking professionally-minded individuals who are looking for an opportunity to learn and grow with our expanding company. Extensive training is provided and includes national certification in brain injury services. Ideal candidates will have experience in the human services, brain injury, or mental health field or currently seeking a degree in these fields. Positions are available at our two Coralville locations for evening and overnights full time and part-time.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Psychology, Sociology, or related field preferred (Currently enrolled students are encouraged to apply)
- Experience working with individuals with brain injury, mental illness or other disability preferred
- Driving requirement - Must be at least 21 years old with a valid driver's license and have a good driving record in accordance with CNR's policies and procedures
- Able to pass state and federal background checks, and a pre-employment physical and drug screen are required
- High school diploma or equivalent required