Ophthalmologist Vision Therapist
Community Medical and Dental Care Inc. are looking to hire a part-time vision ophthalmologist, who has eye therapy experience. The Ophthalmologist Therapists will provide therapy to patients with visual impairments to improve their functioning, with double vision, poor tracking, comprehension, difficulty reading and fatigue, dyslexia, and in daily life activities.
- Develops rehabilitation and instructional plans collaboratively with clients based on the results of assessments, needs, and goals. Recommends appropriate mobility devices and systems such as human guides, dog guides, long canes, electronic travel aids, and other adaptive mobility devices. Obtains, distributes, and maintains low-vision devices.
- Monitors client’s progress to determine whether changes in rehabilitation plans are needed. Writes reports and completes forms to document assessments, training, progress, and follow-up outcomes.
- Collaborates with specialists such as rehabilitation counselors, speech pathologists, and occupational therapists to provide client solutions. Provides consultation, support, and education to groups such as parents and teachers.
- Participates in professional development activities such as reading literature, continuing education, and collaborating with colleagues.
- Refers clients to services such as eye care, health care, rehabilitation, and counseling, to enhance visual and life functioning when conditions exceed the scope of practice.
- Identifies visual impairments related to basic life skills in areas such as self-care, literacy, communication, health management, home management, and meal preparation.
Strong patient care skills.
Excellent listening skills and an understanding of the challenges facing the visually impaired.
Strong understanding of the causes and impacts of visual impairment.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree required; PA, NP, MD, or Ph.D. preferred.
- Five or more years of related experience required.
Powered by JazzHR
Community Medical and Dental Care IncMonsey, NY
HealthcareView All Community Medical and Dental Care Inc Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.