The Pharmacy Assistant is responsible for a variety of administrative responsibilities to support the department director/supervisor. The Pharmacy Assistant reports to the Director of Pharmacy.
· High school diploma or GED with 3 years of experience, or AA degree with 1 year of experience. Experience should reflect progressive responsibilities as an administrative assistant. Experience working in a Pharmacy setting is preferred.
· Pharmacy Technician CA Professional License required.
· Experience with 340b Pharmacy Program is preferred.
· Intermediate experience utilizing Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
· Ability to type 45 wpm; applicant to provide certificate
· Must obtain a Pharmacy Technician license within one year
· Valid California Driver's license, proof of insurance, and personal transportation
· Ability to travel to various work sites as needed.
· Assist and/or process audits regarding the 340b program prescriptions from in-house pharmacy to ensure patient eligibility.
· Audit buy/sell records from Cardinal for in-house pharmacy for 340b program.
· Assist in auditing contract pharmacies for 340b program.
· Maintain provider files for 340b program.
· Help with various 340b program administrative work.
· Assists with scheduling/time off requests and administering time cards for pharmacy staff.
· Track and record flu vaccines, private vaccines in database for all clinics - work on coordinating distribution amongst clinics.
· Maintain Fast Acting Medication Box for all clinics
· Maintaining/documenting/disposing of pharmaceutical waste from the clinics – with Stericycle.
· Works with Director of Environmental Safety (DES) with Infection Control and Environment of Care to audit data input and tracking.
· Works with DES in regards to Vaccines for Children (VFC) and Vaccines for Adults (VFA) logs and reports.
· Ability to become HAM Radio certified within 90 days of hire.
· Works with DES on Emergency Management assignments and assist with coordinating events during statewide drill exercises.
· Assists and coordinates with Environment of Care (EOC) meetings dates and types meeting minutes.
· Assist with tracking data for Emergency drills / Safety Inspection Checklist input and tracking.
· Works with DES on preparing sites for audits readiness all auditing agencies and working with DES during these audits.
· Attends meetings to take notes when DES has schedule conflicts.
· Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of organization policies, procedures and systems
· Knowledge of routine office practices
· Knowledge of basic mathematics to make calculations, balance and reconcile figures
· Ability to communicate verbally and written at a college level
· Skill in gathering and reporting information
· Ability to work effectively with staff, co-workers, and external agencies
· Ability to manage multiple work tasks/projects.
· Ability to pay close attention to detail.
· Listens skillfully and displays a willingness and ability to acknowledge the needs, expectations and values of others through the use of reflective listening and empathy conveyance. Responds to needs in ways that are helpful and beyond expectation.
· Communicate effectively by using welcoming words, proper tone of voice, appropriate body language, eye contact and smiling with every interaction
· Ability to provide excellent customer service that is reflective of a culture that values trust and respect
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work may require sitting for long periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching for materials and supplies. Lift items weighing up to 25 pounds as needed. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, operate a calculator, telephone, copier, and such other office equipment as necessary. Vision must be correctable to 20/40 and hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contacts. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens and to work in an environment which can be stressful.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff and the public. Work may be stressful at times. ssful at times.