Direct Support Professional
- $401,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
RATE OF PAY: $19.00 + $1 weekend differential rate from Sat 8 am to Sun 11 pm
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
Direct Support Professional/Joy Giver
CLA provides supports, services and joy to 45 adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in Group Homes, Individual Apartments and out in the community. Together we work with individuals to build relationships that transcend any work relationship you have ever had. Yes, we keep them safe and help them acquire skills but our real job is helping them find their joy and in that task, we find our own joy as well.
What you have to offer:
* The ability to bring joy into the lives of adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
* The ability to assess activities and physical space for risks (both physical and emotional) that may get in the way of successfully engaging in joyful experiences and ensuring necessary support is provided.
* The ability to communicate verbally and in writing about the joyful (and safe) activities that were had.
* The ability to support adults in finding, engaging, and advocating for joy as much on their own as possible.
* Ability to lift 50 pounds
* Familiarity working with adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities
* Team Player
What CLA has to offer:
* Health Insurance (CLA pays 95% for Single coverage of lowest option plan)
* Dental (CLA pays 95% for Single coverage of lowest option plan)
* 100% CLA paid Life Insurance (1x salary up to max. of $50,000.)
* 401K Match
* Qualified Employer for Student Loan Forgiveness
* Flexible Benefits Plan (Unreimbursed Medical & Dependent Care)
* Weekend, Weather Emergency, Covid-related Differential Pay
* Employee-paid supplemental Insurances, including STD/LTD and other options, offered at discounted group rates and some are pre-tax for employees and paid through payroll deductions.
* 4 weeks paid parental leave
* Mileage reimbursement
* Generous vacation and sick leave
* Holiday pay (10 paid holidays a year for full time employees)
* Bereavement Leave
* Paid Jury Duty Leave
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; taste or smell; and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally be required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and frequently must provide physical support to individuals weighing 200 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Per CLA's Communicable Diseases policy and procedures, the COVID-19 vaccination is required for all CLA staff. Religious and medical exemption requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Community Living AlternativesSpringfield, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.