SEO Content Writer (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
Community Influencer®, Inc. is a business development organization based in Orange County, CA. Our mission is to glorify God by helping local business owners increase their income, so they can increase their impact. We do this via our popular online membership, called the Community Influencer® Academy. Inside, we teach real estate professionals how to get more leads, clients, and referrals via our online courses, content, coaching, and community. We're a fast growth, mission-oriented company (with awesome benefits) and we're looking for an amazing, SEO Writer to join our high-performance Content Marketing Team. Read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
This is a full-time, salaried position in our Content Marketing Department. For this remote role, you'll need to have the ability to work from home 5 days a week. Typical hours of operation are between 7am - 4pm, Monday - Friday PT. But this position is more about accomplishing specific outcomes with a high level of communication, than adhering to a clock. And though our team highly prioritizes margin, on rare occasion, there may be a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends during a launch or other events throughout the year.
The mission of the SEO Writer is to contribute to the overall profitability of Community Influencer by creating optimized, educational blog posts for our website.
- Write search engine-optimized content that will help us generate traffic, leads, and sales.
- Conduct in-depth research on real estate marketing topics in order to develop original content.
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic.
- Write compelling titles that capture the attention of search engine users.
- Create high-quality content that is relevant to the products or services being marketed.
- Identify keywords and phrases that are relevant to real estate marketing.
- Write blog posts that educate real estate agents about topics related to real estate marketing.
- Research topics to provide new insights or information that will interest our readers.
- Review existing content to ensure it's up-to-date and relevant to our readers.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of content created by other writers to ensure it meets our SEO goals.
- Evaluate analytics to adjust content as needed.
- Regularly update content on the company's website, so it complies with the SEO best practices.
- Coordinate with other members of the Content Team to illustrate articles.
- Proofread content for errors and inconsistencies.
- Edit and polish existing content to improve readability.
- Create compelling headlines and body copy that will capture the attention of real estate agents.
- Anticipate needs by identifying gaps in our current content and recommending new content.
- Promote affiliate products by writing SEO-optimized articles about our brand partners and sponsors.
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone).
- Search Engine Optimization: The SEO Content Writer will be knowledgeable about SEO best practices and how to incorporate them into their writing. This includes using keywords and phrases that search engines recognize and rank highly.
- Strategic Thinking: Develop unique angles, content, and ideas to support selling our various products.
- Content Marketing: The SEO Content Writer will know how to create and publish engaging content that appeals to our target audience in order to attract and retain customers.
- Editing: The SEO Content Writer will set and ensure a consistent brand voice that's free from errors.
- Team Player: In addition to working directly with the Content Manager, the SEO Content Writer will also work with the CEO, Project Manager, and the Content Team (i.e., Graphic Designer, SEO Specialist, and other Content Creators) to create blog content. So the SEO Content Writer needs to be able to collaborate and communicate well with these team members in a fast-paced environment, maintaining a can-do spirit and not complaining, making excuses, or gossiping.
- Project Management Skills: The SEO Content Writer will complete tasks based on a highly organized content calendar to ensure that all projects are done on time and on brand.
- Analytic Skills: The SEO Content Writer will need to conduct regular analysis to identify opportunities to improve performance, evaluate campaigns for effectiveness, and make last-minute adjustments based on feedback.
- Social Listening and Research Skills: The SEO Content Writer will need to stay up-to-date on all of the latest digital marketing trends, policies, news, and forecasts that affect the company or our target audience.
- Camera-Readiness: The SEO Content Writer will be on camera periodically. So you must be an excellent communicator and have a dedicated workspace that's camera-ready at all times.
- Quality Communication: The SEO Content Writer will need to maintain strong partner relationships to maximize media effectiveness and assist in pitching product placements, sponsorships, collaborations, and PR on behalf of the company. You will also need to keep our teams updated on performance via regular and ad-hoc reporting.
- Affinity for Technology: The SEO Content Writer will be a tech-savvy Mac user and will not be intimidated by learning new technology. Experience in the following platforms is ideal: WordPress, Elementor, Google Analytics, Semrush, SEO Surfer, Link Whisperer, and Clickup.
- PR Skills Preferred: Knowledge or background in pitching and network outreach for podcasts, speaking opportunities, and other PR activities is preferred but not required.
- Speed: We are a high-performance team that moves fast! So the SEO Content Writer needs to be able to keep pace with a team of quick, A-Players, on all our communication channels.
Education: Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, English, journalism, or a related field.
Experience and Values:
- Working knowledge of real estate or real estate marketing highly preferred
- 3+ years of experience creating results-driven SEO content campaigns.
- 3+ Years of writing, editing, and SEO experience.
- 3+ years of sales-focused, web copywriting and/or direct response copywriting preferred.
- A portfolio of article samples we can reference.
- Working knowledge of content management systems - like WordPress and Elementor.
- Experience in PR pitching for online publications, podcasts, and/or conferences preferred.
- Enthusiasm for details, organization, and deadlines.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, virtual environment is preferred.
- Connect deeply with Community Influencer's core values.
- Get closer to the customer
- Everything you do sells or repels
- Simplicity, never complexity
- Identify the opportunity, overcome the obstacle
- Audit before you act
- Say what needs to be said, even when it's hard
- Leverage collective genius, but reject groupthink
- There's always an option C
- Celebrate every win (and every failure)
- Work is impossible without rest
- Always do what's best for Community Influencer®
COMMUNITY INFLUENCER® PERKS:
Here are some of the amazing perks we offer our employees...
- Top-of-Market Salary
- Unlimited Paid Vacation
- Work From Home
- World-Class Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Generous Retirement Plan
- Work Alongside A Talent-Stacked, High-Performance Team
Candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents to apply.
Equal opportunity employer.
AddressLaguna Beach, CA
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Community Influencer
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?