Wood Street Commons - Administrative Assistant
Community Human Services Pittsburgh, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
Full Time (37.5 hours in a workweek)
Monday – Friday
- 8am-4:00pm, no weekends
Pay: up to $15.50
The position of Administrative Assistant is under the general supervision of the WSC Program Director. This position carries no supervisory responsibilities.
The Administrative Assistant will create and maintain administrative support systems for the WSC staff and the Program Director. Duties include assisting with the flow of consumers in the residential office, maintaining computerized records, files, and data bases, writing correspondence, serving as the point person for special projects, compiling information, maintaining files, ensuring office supplies are available, creating and maintaining schedules, logging rental payments and other duties as delegated.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES.
- Complete monthly data reports.
- Complete monthly rent log.
- Produce and distribute monthly calendars for WSC staff and events.
- Assist staff with maintaining paper records for client and program information.
- Regularly assess office supplies and equipment and prepare requests/orders for items needed.
- Provide support to the Program Director in making phone calls and writing letters.
- Complete clerical tasks such as computer tasks, copying, and filing.
- Schedule space for all in-house activities and schedule vans as needed.
- Liaison between WSC Program Director, the WSC team and WSC management.
- Assist the team with consumer services and flow in the Residential office.
- Assist the team in opening and supervising the computer lab.
- File consumer documentation in electronic and paper forms.
- Make the three month follow-up call to consumers after exiting the program.
- Know and follow HIPAA Policies and Procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIRED ABILITIES.
- Experience and education related to computers including Word, Excel and Publisher and office systems management.
- The ability to work in a non – traditional setting serving diverse consumers with complex needs.
- The ability to work with the WSC Program Director, the WSC team and WSC management efficiently and respectfully.
- The ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal contexts.
SPECIFIC POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and manage multiple job responsibilities efficiently and effectively.
- The ability to be organized and attend to detailed work.
- Demonstrated understanding of database management principles.
- The ability to work autonomously and with creativity.
- Must be physically able to climb stairs, bend freely, and be able to travel to other sites as needed.
- Must exhibit the core values of CHS (Respect, Relevance, Quality, and Advocacy) in daily work and interactions.
Benefits and Perks
• Excellent Benefits Package:
- Aetna Health Insurance
- Guardian Dental Insurance
- VSP Vision Insurance
- 401(k) w/ match
• Company Paid - Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability
• Generous Paid Time Off - 23 days your first full year in addition to paid holidays.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Community Human Services Corporation does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, persons served, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and community.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Community Human Services is a Pittsburgh-based nonprofit dedicated to strengthening communities and enhancing lives.
Our Core Values:
Advocacy, Equity, Quality, Respect, Relevance.
In 1970, the fabric of Pittsburgh's South Oakland neighborhood was changing rapidly, reflecting the greater changes of the city brought about by the collapse of the steel industry. Community Human Services began when a small group of community members pulled together $60 per month to rent a storefront in their neighborhood to provide their neighbors with a space to build relationships and feel connected. In this small communal place, the group incubated community programs and quickly realized success in effectively addressing issues of crime and deterioration in their neighborhood. These efforts marked the beginning of Community Human Service’s commitment to enhancing people’s lives and cherishing the role that everyone plays in their communities.
CHS was founded on the belief that all people should have access to the things they need to live as vibrant and integral members of their community and continues this philosophy in our modern-day settlement house model that spans across Allegheny County. CHS focuses on making sure each person’s basic needs are met and that they have genuine, positive opportunities to grow their personal, social, and communal networks.
Feel free to watch the video below to learn a little more about CHS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyqfmMMi1RY&feature=youtu.be
Company's website: https://chscorp.org/ourhistory
Company's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CommunityHumanServices/
Powered by JazzHR
Community Human Services
BusinessView all jobs at Community Human Services