We’re a group of not-for-profit community health centers providing medical, dental and social services in neighborhoods throughout New York City. We provide confidential care to men, women, and children, regardless of citizenship status or ability to pay.Job Description
Community Healthcare Network is seeking for a Full-Time Front Desk Receptionist for one of the Queens Health Centers located at 90-04 161st Street, Jamaica, NY 11432.This position is responsible for center operational activities, such as registration, medical records management, billing, maintaining appointment schedules and verifying insurance and data collection. Major scope of responsibilities will depend on needs of health center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Greet patients and provide basic orientation to the center and all available services.
2. Check-in and screen all patients to determine their insurance.
3. Obtain accurate and complete personal information from the patient as required for registration and enters into the Practice Management System (PMS).
4. Monitors the ECW office visits screen to assure patients are processed and checked out timely.
5. Verify patients’ insurance. Performs a financial assessment of all new patients and reassessment of established patients on a six-month basis, as needed. Assists in the preparation of applications for public entitlements and facilitates the approval process. Assists with re-certification, as needed.
· If patient has Medicaid Managed Care insurance, the MOS verifies the primary care physician, determines eligibility, and if necessary calls the insurance company to obtain approval for treatment and authorization.
· If patient has Medicaid, the MOS ensures that the Medicaid Insurance is valid.
6. Keeps track of appointment schedules, makes and confirms patient appointments.
7. Follow-up on missed appointments and documents in the PMS system.
8. Collects co-payment fees, tracks payments and open balances.
9. Responds to written and telephone inquiries regarding billing information, researches accounts for incorrect charges, missing cash payments, corrects financial levels and adjusts accounts to reflect changes.
10. Answer multiple telephone calls appropriately and follows up on return calls.
11. Assists with data collection and report preparation.
12. Involvement in Performance Improvement activities.
13. Maintains inventory of the equipment stock and supplies.
14. Scanning of medical records documentation/reports.
15. Respect for the rights of individuals to make their own decisions about family planning, etc.
16. Compliance with Employee Health Services.
17. Facilitates related services for health center patients as appropriate with respect to their confidentiality and privacy.
18. Translation, if required.
19. Performs other related duties, as assigned.Qualifications
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum two (2) year related healthcare experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.