EXEMPTSt. MarysPosted on 9/28/2020
- Implement and enforce policies and procedures that cover essential nursing responsibilities to residents and facility including accepting responsibility for the care of residents; supporting resident discharges and transfers; providing adequate ongoing nursing coverage; and providing appropriate, timely and pertinent documentation.
- Coordinate nursing services with other services and departments such as pharmacy, dietary, housekeeping, laundry, activities, social services, accounting, maintenance, medical records and medical services.
- Oversee the interdisciplinary care planning process to include initial planning (on admission to the unit); interim planning (to include clinical status changes); and the required Resident Assessment Instrument.
- Oversee all staff who provide nursing care to the facility's residents/patients; ensure all nursing staff are held accountable for the care they deliver to residents.
- Develop, recommend and implement continuous quality initiatives including policies and procedures to provide resources for maintaining resident safety and compliance.
- Develop, implement and maintain operating policies consistent with the facility and system's goals and objectives.
- Administer fiscal operations, including accounting, planning budgets, authorizing expenditures and coordinating financial reporting.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures that assure excellent patient outcomes and safety.
- Develop the nursing budget for the nursing department to include but not limited to; hours of care per day per patient; staffing mix to deliver hours of care; and necessary supplies and technological resources.
- Direct nursing preparation for review and response to federal, state and local surveys and inspections.
- Ensure that nursing practice complies with regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Promote, establish, and maintain customer relationships with residents, families, staff, community and other professionals.
- Recruit employees, assign, direct, and evaluate their work, and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Supports and abides by the mission, values, and policies of CHCS in all activities.
- On-going compliance with CHCS educational requirements.
- All other duties as required.
Community HealthCare System