Family Practice Physician
Job Title: Family Practice P0hysician Date Prepared: November 2022
Location: Community Health Clinic EEO Category: Office/Clerical
Department: Medical Exempt Non Exempt
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
Diagnose and treat diseases, injuries, and other disorders within limits of specialized field. Works as a mentor with other clinical staff to coach, teach, and ensure that services provided to patients are of the highest quality as measured by patient satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides medical patient care by interviewing, examining and treating of clinical patients in order to meet their medical needs
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families
- Determines which referrals are required based on examination and patient needs.
- Determines level of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation appointments.
- Exercises final medical judgment in all issues of health care.
- Prescribes medical treatment and clinical drugs to patients.
- Documents all services in patient medical record.
- Reviews on a regular basis long term cases that require ongoing medical attention.
- Consults with Chief Medical Officer and other professionals on staff as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Chief Medical Officer, for the implementation and follow up of the health care plan based on community health needs, epidemiology of the community, and the health behavior of the community.
- Assists the Chief Medical Officer in implementing, following, and adherence to the operation of the quality assurance program.
- Provides medical services in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, or Pediatrics.
- Provides health maintenance services for clients of the Health Center.
- Participates in the after-hours and weekend call system.
- Works with the Chief Medical Officer and the Medical Practice Manager in maximizing utilization of clinical staff in order to achieve a reasonable level of practice productivity.
- Attends regular internal and external departmental meetings to discuss progress in meeting clinical program and agency goals.
- Provides clinical consultation and services to the Nurse Practitioners, other physicians, either staff or contract, and the resident physicians when needed.
- Develops and facilitates training opportunities to CHS staff members in the physician's area(s) of expertise that promote quality, efficiencies, and improved patient outcomes.
- Acts as a mentor to subordinate clinical staff to ensure professionalism is maintained at all times, patients receive the highest quality care available and to minimize risk to patient safety.
- Participates in all safety programs which may include assignment to an emergency response team.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability and determination to efficiently carry out Community Health System, Inc. mission statement.
- Insurable of liability coverage as a physician.
- Working knowledge of the sociocultural factor associated with the community's use of social and health care services necessary.
- Ability to supervise, motivate and direct a professional staff.
- Ability to understand patient attitudes and needs, develop and orient program goals and concepts accordingly, and to work effectively toward their accomplishment with all staff members.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, officials, the public, patients, other private and public health organizational representatives, health care personnel and community groups and organizations.
- Ability to work under pressure and high stress, maintain personal composure, evaluate situations and act/react appropriately, and use tact in dealing with visitors, patients and difficult situations.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, makes appropriate decisions on inquiries, and provides clear and concise written and oral information/ presentations to a wide variety of staff.
- Ability to interpret and apply program operations to applicable laws, rules, regulations and funding source requirements and according to acceptable standards.
- Ability to read and respond to emails in a timely fashion.
- Ability to identify and maintain confidential/HIPPA material.
- Graduate of an accredited medical school with DDS or equivalent required.
- Evidence of continuing education (i.e. record of C.M.B.'s attendance at workshops) is required.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
- Licensed in Wisconsin and board eligible or board certified in Family Practice or Internal Medicine.
- Maintain Current DEA registration number.
Related Work Experience
- Minimum two years of experience in a clinic setting involving administrative and/or supervisory experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include lifting of supplies and equipment; extensive bending, standing, walking or sitting may be required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to significant work pace/pressure. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
LINES OF SUPERVISION
The Physician reports to the Chief Medical Officer.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job class. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Community Health Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job related handicap or disability, or any other legally protected status.
Community Health SystemsBeloit, WI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.