Lutheran Health Network, Medical Group, in Warsaw, Indiana is seeking full time Notcturnist Physician Hospitalist to provide internal medicine inpatient total care, with multiple disciplines, in coordination of hospital cases, organized communication between different physicians caring for patient and serve as the point of contact for other physicians and nurses for inquiries, updates and delineating comprehensive treatment plans. Minimum, 1 year experience.
Kosciusko Community Hospital (KCH):
Located on a 30 acre medical campus, KCH is a 72 bed, medium rural size facility, with all private rooms, offering general and surgical services. Women’s medical services extended include labor, delivery, nursery, breastfeeding support, eLearning Childbirth Education and mammography. Refer to: https://kch.com
Comprehensive Compensation Package May Include:
- Commencement Bonus
- Competitive Salary Base
- Relocation Assistance
- Medical Education Debt Replacement
- Full Benefit Package - Health, Life & Retirement Programs
Warsaw, Indiana & Surrounding Area:
- County population – nearly 80,000, with 50% female/50% male, median age 38
- Excellent public, private, & parochial schools
- Serving 11,050 students, higher diversity score than Indiana average
- Student: teacher ratio is 17:1.
- Cost of living cheaper than US and Indiana average
- Outstanding colleges and universities within county.
- Top industries; agriculture and world headquarters of orthopedics
- Rural area, close-knit communities
- Close proximity to Chicago (2 hrs.), Indianapolis (2 hrs.), Fort Wayne (40 mins.)
- Multiple bike and walking trails
- 100+ lakes, within county, lending to swimming, boating, fishing, water skiing, sailing, snowmobiling.
- 11 golf courses and tennis & racquet club.
- Cultural, arts and educational exhibitions, museums, and live performing theaters.
- Shopping, boutiques, antique stores, locally owned restaurants, wineries, and breweries available.
- Provide medical care services, on continuous basis, to emergency department and for non-assigned patients admitted to hospital.
- Ensure patient admission is properly assessed, orders placed and diagnostic reports readied for review and continuity of patient care.
- Provides medical consultations on inpatients, at request of other employed specialties.
- Collaborates with referring primary care physicians on patient medical condition.
- Establish & maintain good communication and working relationships with members of the hospitalist, nursing, and case management personnel and other hospital department staffs.
- Work closely with sub specialties, radiology, laboratory, social services and other required areas in the total care plan of patient.
- Accepts and manages patients in the Intensive Care Unit and/or consult with medical support.
- Responsible for overseeing ventilator support, weaning and overall proper utilization.
- Utilization of EMR – Cerner.
- On site work schedule: 7pm – 7am on rotating 7 days on / 7days off.