We are seeking a reliable and experienced Dental Assistant to become join our CHSI dental team in the city of Bloomington, CA!
Under the direction of the Staff Dentist in charge, the Dental Assistant will maintain equipment, materials used, and supplies within the working area. Works closely with the Dentist by assisting in patient care through dental procedures, oral hygiene, restorative, prosthetic and surgical care, radiology exams, education and training.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for providing routine assistance to the Dentist in the examination and prophylactic, therapeutic and surgical treatment of patients.
- Well-developed chair side-assisting skills that demonstrate familiarity with the principles of four handed dentistry.
- Able to handle and/or mix dental materials such as amalgam, temporary filling material, impressions, and cements.
- Sets up standard and/or sterile trays properly for various operations and procedures.
- Communication and explanation with the patient in regard to the procedures they will be undergoing
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent; GED
Experience: 1 year or more experience as a Dental Assistant; experience working in dental/medical field preferred
Professional License Required: Dental Assistant Certificate, current BLS Certification and X-Ray license required.
- CA Dental Practice Act
- Infection Control
- Pit and Fissure Sealants
- Coronal Polishing
- Radiation Safety
Skills Required: Knowledge and use of clinical/laboratory dental instruments, supplies, and equipment. Full proficiency in operating laboratory and dental operatory equipment.