Registered Nurse - RN ICU PM SHIFT - FT
*25,000 sign on bonus to eligible RNs*Sign On Bonus! 25,000.00 Virtual Interviews
Join our team! Laredo Medical Centers Intensive Care Unit (ICU) provides 42 private patient rooms for specialized care for treating complex medical and surgical patients. The unit is supported by a 20 bed ICU Extension Unit, also staffed with specialized Registered Nurses to provide the appropriate level for all in-house patients throughout their treatment. Each RN reports directly to the units Director, while also having on-shift leadership enhanced by LMCs Charge RNs and/or Clinical Coordinators. Additional patient support is provided in each shift by Patient Care Techs, or Nurse Aids. Sign-on Bonuses are available for qualified candidates. Skype or other Virtual Interviewing Processes (VIP) are available for out-of-town applicants.
Position's Purpose and Essential Functions:
Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care. Assists physicians during examinations and procedures. Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse. Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Minimum job requirements for education and license include an associate's degree, and must be certified as a registered nurse from an accredited school of professional nursing. Must be licensed in the State of Texas. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within this particular field.
Applicants Job Requirements Include:
Requires an associate's degree and is certified as a registered nurse. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Required: Graduate of an accredited or NLN-approved RN program.
- Required: Licensed as a R.N. by the Texas State Board of Registered Nurse Examiners.
- Required: BLS Certified required within 30 days of hire.
- Required: ACLS, PALS, or NRP. Certifications may be obtained within six months of hirecost-free at the Hospital.
- Required:Handle with Care (or obtained within six months of employment) in required specialty.
- Preferred: One (1) year full time or three (3) years part time experience in acute care setting.
- Preferred: Letter(s) of Recommendation are preferred for applicants with less than 1 year of applicable experience in nursing.
- Must successfully pass any pre-employment assessment(s) required by the facility.
- ***Sign-on Bonuses Available for qualified candidates***
Community Health SystemLaredo, TX
Get fresh Registered Nurse - RN ICU PM SHIFT - FT jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.