Registered Nurse - RN Charge ICU AM
Join our team! Laredo Medical Centers Intensive Care Unit (ICU) provides 42 private patient rooms for specialized care for treating complex medical and surgical patients. The unit is supported by a 20 bed ICU Extension Unit, also staffed with specialized Registered Nurses to provide the appropriate level for all in-house patients throughout their treatment. Each RN Charge reports directly to the units Director. Additional patient support is provided in each shift by Patient Care Techs/Nurse Aids. Relocation and Sign-on Bonuses are available for qualified candidates. Skype or other Virtual Interviewing Processes (VIP) is available for out-of-town applicants. Read a full position description
Position's Purpose and Essential Functions:
- Giving overall unit report. Making assignments for next shift taking into account experience/skill level.
- Ability to proactively triage patients throughout the shift for possible downgrade/transfer.
- Ability to accommodate according to census and acuity.
- Ensure unit based quality controls are done.
- Assure that all patient/family education forms are initiated at admission and kept current.
- Responsible for assuring code team nurse available.
- Charge nurse will reassign patients as needed thru the entire shift. Ability to manage family complaints/concerns andhave effective conflict resolution skills with staff, patient/family and visitors.
- Able to maintain knowledge of all equipment and procedures in ICU. Demonstrate leadership skills and act as a resource person on the unit.
- Delegate tasks appropriately and demonstrate prioritization and organizational skills. Assure that all core measuresand meaningful use are in compliance. Minimum job requirements for education and license include an associate's degree, and must be certified as a registered nurse from an accredited school of professional nursing. Must be licensed in the State of Texas. Familiar with standard, concepts, practices, and procedures within this particular field.
Applicant's Job Requirements Include:
- Required: Associate's degree and is certified as a registered nurse. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Desired Qualifications: Bachelors Degree in Nursing
- Required: For designation as a charge R.N., a minimum of six months previous relevant clinical nursing experience.
- Previous supervisory experience * two or more years experience in desired specialty * Specialty certification recognized by the American nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in the applicable area of practice.
- Required: Graduate of an accredited or NLN-approved RN program.
- Required: Licensed as a R.N. by the Texas State Board of Registered Nurse Examiners.
- Required: BLS within 30 days from hire.
- Required: ACLS, PALS, or NRP (or obtained within six months of employment) in required specialty.
- Preferred:Bachelors Degree in Nursing.
- Preferred: Previous supervisory experience.
- Preferred: Two (2) or more years experience in desired specialty; Specialty certification recognized by the American nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in the applicable area of practice.
- Preferred: One (1) year full time or three (3) years part time experience in acute care setting.
- Letter of Recommendations arepreferred for applicants with less than 1 year of applicable experience in nursing.
- Handle with Care (or obtained within six months of employment) in required specialty.
- Must successfully pass any pre-employment assessment(s) required by the facility.
- ***Relocation and Sign-on Bonuses Available for qualified candidates***
For office use only:
Community Health SystemLaredo, TX
Get fresh Registered Nurse - RN Charge ICU AM jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.