Community Health Services, Inc. is seeking a Referral Coordinator to assist with care coordination in our Adult Medicine Department. Under the supervision of the Care Coordination Nurse Supervisor, the Referral Coordinator is responsible for managing specialty care referrals and serves as a liaison among the primary care provider, the care team, and specialist.
The successful candidate will:
· Have a high school diploma or equivalent; Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Have at least one year of successful clerical, reception, medical or dental assisting, administrative or secretarial experience in a medical or dental setting or a healthcare insurance organization
· Be able to communicate with patients from diverse backgrounds in a clear and professional manner including informing patients about appointments with specialists, answering questions they may have about those appointments, and discussing barriers they may face in keeping their appointments
· Demonstrate superior customer service skills
· Be able to produce high quality work efficiently and under tight deadlines in an environment with changing priorities
· Have proven success handling confidential information
· Have a high degree of computer literacy, including with Microsoft Office Suite programs like Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Possess the ability to build and maintain successful working relationships with internal clinical and administrative staff as well as external stakeholders, including specialists who treat CHS patients and their office staff
· Be comfortable with or be able quickly to learn electronic practice management systems
· Have the willingness and ability to work as part of a team and to demonstrate the highest standards of professionalism
Candidates who are bilingual in English and Spanish with prior experience working in a multiple provider medical practice or with diverse socio-economically disadvantaged populations are preferred.
CHS conducts post-offer pre-employment background checks and drug testing on all candidates.