JOB TITLE: APRN
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
SCHEDULED HOURS: 40 hours/week
PROGRAM: Charter Oak Health Center
SITE LOCATION: Hartford, CT
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION: To provide high quality psychiatric services to clients based upon current professional and agency standards. To provide consultation team members and function as active member of integrated care team.
POSITION CORE COMPETENCIES:
Interpersonal Communication: Establishes positive rapport and trust with clients and co-workers; demonstrates core Trauma Informed and Gender Specific Services value of Trustworthiness.
Collaboration & Teamwork: Effectively participates as a team member to advance common team goals; demonstrates core Trauma Informed and Gender Specific Services value of Collaboration.
Cultural Competence, Diversity & inclusion: Effectively and respectfully works with others who have diverse traditions, beliefs, interpersonal styles, attitudes and behaviors.
Systems Oriented Practice: Functions effectively within the organizational and financial structures of CHR and other external systems in which they interact. Maintains the standards set forth by professional ethical guidelines and the code of conduct of CHR.
Quality & Performance Improvement: Works individually and within teams to improve skills and to achieve performance goals and improve outcomes; demonstrates core Trauma Informed and Gender Specific Services values of Choice & Empowerment.
Informatics: Uses information technology to support and improve organizational effectiveness.
Safety Environment: Identifies, prevents and reports unsafe situations; uses appropriate procedures to assure safety environment; demonstrates core Trauma Informed and Gender Specific Services value of Safety.
Screening & Assessment: Conducts brief, evidence-based and developmentally appropriate screening and conducts or arranges for more detailed assessments when indicated.
Care Planning & Care Coordination: Creates and/or implements integrated care plans, ensures access to linked services; exchanges information among clients, family members, and providers.
Intervention: Provides range of brief, focused prevention, treatment and recovery services for clients.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides services per agency policies and procedures under the direction and supervision of the agency Chief Medical Officer or MD
- Direct Treatment Services.
- Provides behavioral health assessment and treatment, including medication evaluation and management for psychiatric and substance use disorders in an integrated care setting.
- Provides same-day access to risk and behavioral health assessments as member of open access team integrated care team.
- Provides comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation with biopsychosocial history, medical history, and trauma history and makes treatment recommendations.
- Monitors medication effects and side effects and medication reconciliation.
- Makes collateral contacts with clients' natural support network; with other team members in-house; with other professionals/providers/agencies and in-patient treatment settings.
- Collaborates with the team to arrange for admission to other levels of care or referrals to other services.
- Additional duties as required
Experience: 5 years experience in adult or child mental health. Community mental health experience preferred.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: CT APRN license.
CHR’s mission is to help adults, children and families find Real Hope for the challenges of Real Life through an array of community- based mental health, substance use, child welfare, supportive housing, foster care, prevention and wellness services, and integrated care. Our name embodies our commitment to community-based care, instilling hope for a healthy, happy and productive future, and utilizing all available resources to achieve change. CHR is proud to provide services that achieve Real Quality with Real Results.
CHR’s history dates back to the mid-1960’s, and since its creation, we have become a trusted community resource and well-respected service provider. Throughout our history, we have added new programs, grown into new locations, collaborated with other healthcare providers and recruited exceptional staff to meet the needs of the clients we serve.
Today, we employ more than 800 experienced professionals, including licensed therapists, psychiatrists, child psychiatrists, case managers, and people with lived experience who provide expert care to more than 27,000 people every year. We are accredited by The Joint Commission, licensed by the state and have repeatedly been voted among the Top Workplaces in Connecticut by the Hartford Courant.
Community Health Resources