Community Health Plan of Washington (CHPW) has an opportunity for a Community Health Worker, Vancouver who serves as a liaison between health and social services and the community to facilitate access to services and improve the quality and cultural competence of service delivery. They also build individual and community capacity by increasing health knowledge and self-sufficiency through a range of activities such as outreach, community education, informal counseling, social support and advocacy.
At Community Health Plan of Washington, we believe that each of us shares a responsibility in helping others.
We are looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Certification as Peer Specialist may substitute for minimum experience and education requirements.
- Three (3) years of job-related experience providing medical, mental health or substance abuse-focused services to individuals with chronic medical conditions and/or severe and persistent mental illness.
- Experience and familiarity with at-risk populations, communities of color and local resources for persons with behavioral and/or physical health needs.
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- Community Service Hours
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Transportation perks as a portion of our comprehensive and competitive benefits program
- Convenient downtown Seattle location near Pike Place Market
Interested? Learn more at chpw.org/careers
Community Health Plan of Washington is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any actual or perceived protected characteristic or other unlawful consideration.