If you want to work for a growing system of community health centers committed to providing quality care for patients of all ages and to the growth, education, and development of its staff; Community Health Network (sfachc.org) has a great employment opportunity for you. Community Health Network is a federally qualified health center (FQHC), that provides dental, medical and behavioral health services in Freeport, Alvin, Pearland, League City, Galveston, Angleton, Bacliff, and Houston. CHN is looking for a full-time Dental Patient Services Specialists to provide to provide customer service at our Alvin location. Your expertise will be embedded in an integrated care clinic that follows patient-centered medical home guidelines and principles.
Selected candidates should be team-oriented, dedicated to improvement, energetic, and have strong time management skills. Full-time benefits include progressive time-off, 401K, and fully paid health and dental insurance.
- Bilingual in Spanish, preferred
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years in a dental or healthcare setting
- High school diploma or GED.
- Familiar with medical, dental, and behavioral terminology.
- Familiarity with office equipment: computer keyboarding, calculators, photocopiers, and faxes.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work with people of all socioeconomic levels.
- Strong team player with a focus on collaboration.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to create, and manage data with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft software programs
- Consumer advocate for quality health care and services.
Due to growth and demand for services in Alvin, CHN has opened four additional sites: the Women and Children’s Health Center, Callaway Behavioral Health Center where we provide psychiatry, group & individual counseling services; the Pearland Family Health Center; and the Children’s Clinic-League City. The Center’s newest location is our Mobile Clinic that is equipped with a medical and dental exam room. The Mobile Clinic will enable CHN to travel throughout the County delivering care in more remote areas in partnership with community partners. In the Center’s first year of service 1,025 patients received care, In 2017 the number of people that received care was 13,350.